Faxian ai

What to do from here?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi folks. I hope I can get some info here about our situation concerning our CR1. It is very complexed.

I wish to explain some things 1st. This is not my 1st attempt at a fiance/marriage visa. 6 years ago I applied for a K-1 and it was granted. My fiance arrived here and we married. The marriage lasted only 7 months before we divorced in 2006. She did not bother to show up at the final hearing. After we where married 7 weeks later I found she was nothing but a vicious con artist and liar. She filed phoney charges on me to try and get a green card. She failed. I was not convicted of any wrong doing. My attorney had my court record sealed and deep sixed. She married a dim witted man to try and get a green card and this failed as well. She has since voluntarily deported herself back to China over two years ago.

During my criminal/divorce trial I enjoyed a lot tremendous support from some great people. One fellow was married to a Chinese gal for 4 years then. He and his wife wanted me to get on with my life as soon as possible. I was devastated by what just happened to me. His wife had a Chinese lady she grew up with and her friend wanted to meet a western guy and hopefully start a new life together. At the time I was not interested in meeting anyone new. After maybe 6 months they asked me again about their friend. I agreed to contact her. We started writing to each other, Then chatting on the Web Cam for 10 months before we agreed to meet. She is fully aware of my disaster I had with my 1st Chinese spouse. I returned to China in early spring of 2008 and we spent 3 lovely weeks together. When I returned home to the USA we came to the conclusion that we where meant for each other. 2 months later I returned to China and we married there. I came back to the USA and started the CR1 process. The USCIS sent my app back do to translation errors. I had to forward all pertinent info back to her in China to have it corrected. This took about 6 weeks to get back to me. By this time it was September 2008 and the financial markets started to collapse. I could not escape this disaster. I fought with all my skills as a businessman but could not come out. My new wife asked me to move to China and enjoy our lives together there.

Do to the worsening economy here I withdrew our petition. I returned the for the 3rd time following year to visit her. Our hope was that things would improve but they did not. Finally the last few months now business is picking back up again and things look brighter now for us. We want our live together here in the US and possibly another home in China when I retire. What is some of the do and don'ts I should do when I re-file our new petition? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi folks. I hope I can get some info here about our situation concerning our CR1. It is very complexed.

I wish to explain some things 1st. This is not my 1st attempt at a fiance/marriage visa. 6 years ago I applied for a K-1 and it was granted. My fiance arrived here and we married. The marriage lasted only 7 months before we divorced in 2006. She did not bother to show up at the final hearing. After we where married 7 weeks later I found she was nothing but a vicious con artist and liar. She filed phoney charges on me to try and get a green card. She failed. I was not convicted of any wrong doing. My attorney had my court record sealed and deep sixed. She married a dim witted man to try and get a green card and this failed as well. She has since voluntarily deported herself back to China over two years ago.

During my criminal/divorce trial I enjoyed a lot tremendous support from some great people. One fellow was married to a Chinese gal for 4 years then. He and his wife wanted me to get on with my life as soon as possible. I was devastated by what just happened to me. His wife had a Chinese lady she grew up with and her friend wanted to meet a western guy and hopefully start a new life together. At the time I was not interested in meeting anyone new. After maybe 6 months they asked me again about their friend. I agreed to contact her. We started writing to each other, Then chatting on the Web Cam for 10 months before we agreed to meet. She is fully aware of my disaster I had with my 1st Chinese spouse. I returned to China in early spring of 2008 and we spent 3 lovely weeks together. When I returned home to the USA we came to the conclusion that we where meant for each other. 2 months later I returned to China and we married there. I came back to the USA and started the CR1 process. The USCIS sent my app back do to translation errors. I had to forward all pertinent info back to her in China to have it corrected. This took about 6 weeks to get back to me. By this time it was September 2008 and the financial markets started to collapse. I could not escape this disaster. I fought with all my skills as a businessman but could not come out. My new wife asked me to move to China and enjoy our lives together there.

Do to the worsening economy here I withdrew our petition. I returned the for the 3rd time following year to visit her. Our hope was that things would improve but they did not. Finally the last few months now business is picking back up again and things look brighter now for us. We want our live together here in the US and possibly another home in China when I retire. What is some of the do and don'ts I should do when I re-file our new petition? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello, I read your post, I do not have any advice to give you unfortunately, but on the bright side I am sure someone will come along to help you. I just wanted to offer heartfelt prayers. I believe the best thing anotherperson can do for anyone else is to keep them in prayer. From one visa warrior (lol) to another I wish you and your wife well on your journey. Congratulations on things turning around for you economically as well as in your personal life.

Amber

Timeline

Hello, I read your post, I do not have any advice to give you unfortunately, but on the bright side I am sure someone will come along to help you. I just wanted to offer heartfelt prayers. I believe the best thing anotherperson can do for anyone else is to keep them in prayer. From one visa warrior (lol) to another I wish you and your wife well on your journey. Congratulations on things turning around for you economically as well as in your personal life.

Amber

Timeline

It is complicated. My advice is to inquire immigration lawyer such as Marc Ellis who is very competent. http://www.ilw.com

Also visit Candleforlove where similar cases might be. http://candleforlove.com

It is good to know you are happy now.

Edited by xiaozhu

Timeline

Plus, in my view, your case should be fine if you prepare frontload documents in details including a letter about your ex-marriage. The good thing is that you lived in China with you wife for a while.

Edited by xiaozhu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.