sarah9

How long to log packet 3 at embassy

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's why I got Lori to phone for checking up for me :) (plus it's a cheaper line)

anyway's ours wasn't so bad...she only had to phone up twice...the second time they said they were putting her through to a supervisor straight away (in which she started to panic lol) but then he came out with the interview date :) 27th of June :)

Met online Jan 2009

Met in person 10th Sept 2010 (2 weeks)

2nd meeting 11th Feb 2011 (3 weeks)

Service Center California

Consulate London

I-129F sent 10/22/2010

I-129F NOA1 10/29/2010

Check Cashed 11/01/2010

I-129F RFE 11/04/2010

I-129F NOA2 04/06/2011

NVC Received 04/15/2011

NVC left 04/18/2011

Consulate rec 04/28/2011

Packet 3 rec 5/04/2011

Packet 3 sent 05/04/2011

Packet 4 rec 05/27/2011

Interview date 06/27/2011

Interview result APPROVED

Visa rec

POE

Marriage

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I've been calling the state dept on a daily basis to see if our interview has been scheduled since we sent off packet 3 on April 27 and medical was done May 6. They still had no record of it even being logged as of yesterday and said to call the extortion line. I did and they gave me the email code for the embassy. The embassy finally told me they never received packet 3 and we need to send everything again. I told my fiance to send it registered post, but he didn't and Roayal Fail failed yet again. What a waste of 34 days!!! I'm paying for overnight service this time!

I've been calling the state dept on a daily basis to see if our interview has been scheduled since we sent off packet 3 on April 27 and medical was done May 6. They still had no record of it even being logged as of yesterday and said to call the extortion line. I did and they gave me the email code for the embassy. The embassy finally told me they never received packet 3 and we need to send everything again. I told my fiance to send it registered post, but he didn't and Roayal Fail failed yet again. What a waste of 34 days!!! I'm paying for overnight service this time!

I sent Packet 3 in by regular mail but sent Packet 4 special delivery. That said, they got my P3 with no problems same with P4.

Even for a single letter (P4) it was £5, but I think for peace of mind special delivery is worth it.

David.

K-1 Timeline:

14 Sep 2010 - Mailed in I-129F.

08 Feb 2011 - NOA 2.

09 Jun 2011 - Visa in hand.

13 Aug 2011 - Wedding day.

AOS Timeline:

14 Oct 2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD forms.

21 Oct 2011 - NOA for AOS/EAD.

05 Nov 2011 - Case transferred to CSC.

08 Nov 2011 - Biometrics.

29 Dec 2011 - EAD in hand.

05 Jan 2012 - I-485 Approved (AOS).

11 Jan 2012 - I-551/Permanent Resident Card in hand.

Sooo....we booked in our Medical early, that's done. We just filled out the packet 3 forms, that's done. So we're sending packet 3 + DS2001 in at the same time. Everything's all done. and i'm PRAYING he'll send it overnight!! :D

We'll see what happens!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Timeline

OK, so get this:

We sent an email to the embassy to see if they even had our packet 3 paperwork because it was sent over a month ago and no interview date as of this past Tuesday. Within hours, they responded to say they don't have his packet 3 paperwork. So we got everything together again and sent it overnight on Friday morning due to arrive Monday morning. Friday afternoon I got another email from the embassy saying they still have no paperwork, but he should just bring it with him to his interview which is now scheduled for July 5! I will add that the tone of the first email was a bit blunt and the second was very apologetic and personal. I didn't think they would schedule an interview without paperwork. Its already been sent so I guess we're ok. The second email also said we should receive written confirmation of the appointment soon. Is that just weird or what?

Hello!

Well it's clear that the guy i spoke to at the helpline had no idea what he was talking about! I spoke to him on Wednesday afternoon & my interview letter was issued on thursday!

I can't help but think my call somehow did something to hurry things along?

So for those of you out there waiting an interview date - even though it's expensive, i'd say it's worth a call! Just ignore the information they give you :)

It took 3 1/2 weeks between my packet 3 & getting my interview letter.

I'm so excited now.... less than 3 weeks to my interview!!!!!

Hey - for those of you that have your interviews scheduled...did you pay MRV before or after your interview was scheduled?

---

---

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey - for those of you that have your interviews scheduled...did you pay MRV before or after your interview was scheduled?

hi!

I paid before i got my interview date. I've read that it doesn't matter, but the way i look at it - if you have the money, it doesn't hurt to pay earlier - if it gives the smallest chance of getting your interview date it's worth a try in my book!!

hi!

I paid before i got my interview date. I've read that it doesn't matter, but the way i look at it - if you have the money, it doesn't hurt to pay earlier - if it gives the smallest chance of getting your interview date it's worth a try in my book!!

ahh ok. that's what i'd like to do but i want to pay it from the u.s. but not sure what our "extortion" line number is. i'm guessing it's 866-382-3589 ? I'll do a quick search.

---

---

Thats the correct number for calling from the US, and it's much easier to get through that way

You don't need to have paid it before you get your date, we didn't.

http://london.usembassy.gov/visa_contact_information.html

event.png

• 3 weeks later...

just to be clear, for the fee, you have to pay $420 for the I-130, then £210 for the medical and last, the "MRV" fee when you book your appointment is... $350? is that right/all?

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):

Jun 27, 2011 - sent in I-130 package to the London Consulate (DCF)

Jun 29, 2011 - I-130 package received at London Consulate (Signed For)

Jul 6, 2011 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) by email

Jul 6, 2011 - I-130 payment charged on credit card

Sep 22, 2011 - I-130 approval issued

Sep 27, 2011 - I-130 approval hard copy received

Sep 30, 2011 - Case number received

HOLD

- Medical Scheduled

- Medical Completed

- DS-230I & DS-2001 forms sent back

- DS-230I & DS-2001 forms received at London Consulate

- Interview letter received

- Interview date - APPROVED!!!

- Visa received

- POE: ???

- Social Security Card received

- 2-Year Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.