Amy-Rose

How soon after the interview will I receive my Green Card?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I have our interview set for May 23rd. By that time, I'll be 15 weeks pregnant, and my family is hoping that I can come up to Canada sometime in August for a Baby Shower. If my husband and I pass our interview, when will I receive my Green Card?

Also, if I have the actual Green Card with me, can I travel back to Canada again? Is there any chance I'll be turned away at the border (trying to get back to the US)? If so, what should I have to guarantee me return to the US? I'm not risking going to Canada if there is a chance my husband and I will be separated, especially since there's a little one on the way now.

Thanks everyone for your input!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Green card usually comes a few weeks after the interview if your approved.

You must travel with your green card and passport, if you don't have the green card they wont let you back in the US.

If your passport doesn't have your married name but your green card does, bring a copy of your marriage certificate with you when you travel.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I did my POE at Pearson Airport for my IR-1, on March 30th, and recieved my Welcome Letter in the mail dated April 25th, and the Notice of

Production dated April 28th... Saying that I should hear from them in 30 Days !

It is also my understanding that when they stamp your visa at your POE, that will act as a temp. Green Card that is valid for 1 year !

So, you should be fine for any travel !

I hope this helps !

Congrats.. and Good Luck :D

Cindy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Amy-Rose!

Although they usually say you will receive it the mail within 30 days, it will come earlier than that. I received mine 9 days after the interview. Enjoy your party!

Edited by Pinkranger

12-16-2010 (Day 1) I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-I-765 applications sent to USCIS received
12-27-2010 (Day 11) NOAs received thru USPS plus Biometrics schedule for 1/12/2011 @ Michigan City IN and Rejection Notice for I-131.
01-05-2011 (Day 20) I-131 Refiled
01-12-2011 (Day 27) Biometrics completed in 10 minutes (whereas the drive is 1.5 hrs one-way, thanks to snowstorm in IN)
01-31-2011 (Day 46) RFE received (received via email alert)
02-22-2011 (Day 68) Response to RFE received by USCIS (received via email alert)
03-03-2011 (Day 77) EAD Card in Production (received via email alert)
03-14-2011 (Day 88) EAD/AP Combo Card Received
04-14-2011 (Day 121) Interview, Approved!
04-18-2011 (Day 125) E-mail alert received for Card/Document Production
04-23-2011 (Day 130) Green card in the mail
Removing Conditions
01/14/2013 (Day 1) Mailed out I-751 documents to CA Service Center
01/22/2013 (Day 8) Received Receipt Notice
02/13/2013 (Day 30) Biometrics Schedule @ Michigan City, IN

06/19/2013 (Day 156) E-mail alert received for Card Production

06/29/2013 (Day 166) Received card in the mail

We had our interview a week ago on Monday and I received my green card today. This is in Albany, NY.

AOS F-1 OPT married USC

01/01/2011 Wedding

02/01/2011 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

02/04/2011 Package delivered to Chicago

02/08/2011 USCIS Acceptance Confirmation by email

02/12/2011 NOA received for I-765, I-485, I-130, I-131

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.