pholy

got pink slip

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my received a pink slip for her interview. they asked her about 12 questions. she waited about 1 hour and a half to get interviewed, which lasted no more than 10 minutes.

1)where does your husband live?

2)what does he do for a living?

3)who intro you to him?

4)do you have any wedding pictures?

5)how many times has he visit you?

6)when did you see him last?

7)what does your husband do for a living?

8)what is his job title?

9)what state does your husband live in?

10where did he propose marriage to you?

11)what is his parent's name?

12)how many siblings does he have?

unfortunately we are not done and i find this pretty irritating. she is going to pick up her visa in about two weeks in one condition. they asked us to "please submit the original birth certificates of the beneficiary's parents and the petitioner's parents. if any of these birth certificates is not available, please submit an extract from the local authorities records." my opinion why they wanted this is because my dad went to her interview and he went in with her and they asked who he was and what he is doing here and he replied that he's "the husband's father." now they are giving us a hard time because of my dad. i have my mom's birth certs, but my dad is lost. what should/can i do about my dad's birth cert?

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am curious to know if they ask for birth certificates of parents at every interview because this is the second time I have heard this being requesting at an interview this week.

Crazy.

Best Wishes to you.

Terry

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

my received a pink slip for her interview.

unfortunately we are not done and i find this pretty irritating. she is going to pick up her visa in about two weeks in one condition. they asked us to "please submit the original birth certificates of the beneficiary's parents and the petitioner's parents. if any of these birth certificates is not available, please submit an extract from the local authorities records." my opinion why they wanted this is because my dad went to her interview and he went in with her and they asked who he was and what he is doing here and he replied that he's "the husband's father." now they are giving us a hard time because of my dad. i have my mom's birth certs, but my dad is lost. what should/can i do about my dad's birth cert?

But didn't she already get a pink as you stated? I'm lost.

Timeline

yeah they gave her a pink slip she said, but the co also gave her a piece of paper requesting my parent's birth certs. what gives? so what am i going to do about my dad's because he dont have one. i guess i can type something out stating that it is lost in a fire and then have it notarize. any suggestions?

Filed: Timeline

yeah they gave her a pink slip she said, but the co also gave her a piece of paper requesting my parent's birth certs. what gives? so what am i going to do about my dad's because he dont have one. i guess i can type something out stating that it is lost in a fire and then have it notarize. any suggestions?

Is he Vnese? if so, the local authority will have a record (with some coffee $$ of course). Obey the C/O's demand or they'll withdraw the pink slip's offer.

The birth certificates are asked to make sure the 2 families are not related.

Edited by Dau Que

Just remember, life over there in VN is NOT real! Your money will be worth a LOT less once you get back over here. Back to reality, cowboy!

Filed: Timeline

If your father is Vietnamese, this is the information the US Consulate General in VN gave me on how to obtain the birth certificate:

"Individuals born in Vietnam who need new copies of their Vietnamese birth certificates need to contact the office of the People's Committee of the district where they were born: the district where their mother was then resident according to her Ho Khau. The district People's Committee can issue certified copies of a birth certificate (Ban Sao) based on their records of the original birth certificate. Alternatively, the office may provide an Extract (Trich Luc) of the information in the birth record on file in their office."

Good luck and congratulations on the pink! :D

Timeline

Best of luck! It is definitely a pain in the butt to get anything from the Vietnamese government.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.