jeanie&jerry

Living in the Philippines

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I plan to retire and move to the Philippines while my fiancee processes her annulment. Once she gets her annulment then I plan to apply for a I-129F. I have been told by others that by moving and living in the Philippines would send red flags for my petition. Does anyone here my any experience in living in one's fiancee country and having problem processing the I-129F? Would it be better to get married first and then apply for the I-130 instead? Thank you all.

Hello,

I plan to retire and move to the Philippines while my fiancee processes her annulment. Once she gets her annulment then I plan to apply for a I-129F. I have been told by others that by moving and living in the Philippines would send red flags for my petition. Does anyone here my any experience in living in one's fiancee country and having problem processing the I-129F? Would it be better to get married first and then apply for the I-130 instead? Thank you all.

I don't see why it would be an issue. Where you are residing does not change your situation, right? What if you moved to Thailand, or Korea while filing?

Since a K-1 is in effect an immigration visa, the intent of the recipient would be immigrate to the US. If the to-be spouse is retired and "living" in PHL, that may put the immigration intent in question. That would be the only "red flag" I can think of.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Hello,

I forgot the name of the couple. There is one case in VJ that the USC resided in the Philippines while his petition was in process. The USC was required to go back to the US and establish his residency before they got an approval.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

You could also look into getting married while you are living in the Philippines and filing a DCF (Direct Consular Filing) petition.

As rheanick mentioned regarding K-1 visas, you would have to establish domicile (residency) in the U.S. if you filed a DCF.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

Thank you for all of your answers. If my residency in the US is in question, is it possible that I visit the Philippines for a year since I do own a house in the US? My plan is to visit the Philippines 3 1/2 months at a time and then go back home for a month and then visit the Philippines again with the same amount of time and then back home. Would this keep my residency in the US? Or will this put a "red flag" on my I-129F petition.

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

Thank you for all of your answers. If my residency in the US is in question, is it possible that I visit the Philippines for a year since I do own a house in the US? My plan is to visit the Philippines 3 1/2 months at a time and then go back home for a month and then visit the Philippines again with the same amount of time and then back home. Would this keep my residency in the US? Or will this put a "red flag" on my I-129F petition.

Thank you.

Not a problem. I did that while waiting for my fiancees anulled papers to be finished so I could file for k1.

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

04-13-10 visit for 21 days in Philippines

08-14-10 visit for 3 months in Philippines

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

05-11-11 Received at NVC, case number assigned

05-13-11 Left NVC to the USEM

06-01-11 Set up interview with embassy

07-21-11 Approved!... with an additional document she needs to aquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHEKx6afFw

If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.