Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

filing I-129F second time for same person

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have a fiance in Korea. We meet on-line in 2005, met in person in Korea in 1/2006. I sent the original I-129F for the K-1 in 2006. In 2/2007, he was denied the K-1 visa because of some items on his police report and informed he needed a Waiver of Inadmissibility. I visited him in Korea an additional two times - 10/2006 and 2/2007. I got a lawyer for the waiver and it was filed in early 2008 and approved in 5/2009. Because of financial problems (both his and mine) he has not been able to come to the US yet, nor have I been able to visit him again. He has 4 children and I have one. In 2009 the way my job is compensated changed and I started making about $20,000 less a year, and I also had a medical problem that took more than a year to recover from. With my son now 16, expenses have gone up and my income has gone down (still enough for the Affidavit of Support, though). Finances have stabilized but I now need to file the I-129F again. Will I have to travel to Korea to see him before I file it - because of the meet in person within 2 years of filing requirement? I have not been there since 2/2007. It costs at least $2000 for me to go there and we really don't have the money right now, on top of all the expenses of refiling the visa application. I do have evidence of my 3 previous trips there and that we have been in constant communication since 2006.

Another question - I live in NY, do I still file the I-129F in Vermont? I was looking on the USCIS website and it seemed to say everyone files in Texas now.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you will need to meet in person before you can file.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.