hyun1120

Civil surgeon will not take x-ray result from other hospital

3 posts in this topic

Just registered, but I have been reading the forums for awhile, thank you for all the help.

I have an issue.

I am in the process of getting the package ready for aos. My wife is F-1 Student, and I am a citizen.

The problem is with the civil surgeon. I work at a community health center. So I brough my wife to work in order to get all the testing and vaccines administered.

She even got ppd test done, and she tested positive with 11mm. Went into a huge hospital in the area to get chest x-ray done. The result was negative.

Called around couple different civil surgeons, because a lot of them do not accept test result from other hospitals (you have to get them done through them, so they can make money..., one of them even told me, they have to do the test because they do not know for sure that the result I bring in is actually my wife's)

Found one that will take vaccination records and chest x-ray result and just require her to get blood work done from them at reasonable price. At this time, they told me they can take any x-ray that was done within 6 months.

Went to the clinic for the appointment, now they will not take the x-ray result, the x-ray was administered on Feb. 21st, two months ago.

They changed their own words, and are now telling me that the x-ray needs to be within two weeks.

They are now requiring us to get another x-ray done. Which will cost A LOT of money.

She did not leave the country since she got the x-ray done.

Is there any kind of regulation set on these kind of stuff?

I tried to look for information, but was not able to find anything.

Please help, I am really frustrated.

I appreciate any kind of input on this.

Thank you.

Edited by hyun1120

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do, except try to call around some more and see if you can find another civil surgeon that would accept the x-ray. There is nothing stating that a civil surgeon has to accept medical results done somewhere else - most of them probably would not. Usually everything is done through the civil surgeon when you go for the check up, including the TB test, vaccines, chest x-rys and all possible additional work that is required, and if they cannot do it themselves in their facilities, they will forward you to a hospital / clinic that the civil surgeon in question has a partnership with.

And eys, it is probably largely about the money - but at the same time, the civil surgeon who told you that they would not accept the results because they can't be sure it's your wife's has a point. If they did not administer the tests themselves, and you just bring an envelope from somewhere else, there is no way for them to be sure that the person tested was actually the right individual, and/or that the test was done correctly. The civil surgeon has to sign off on all of those results, and they can also get into trouble if something is wrong and it comes up later on that, for example, the x-ray was not actually your wifes. So in that sense, I do understand where they are coming from as well.

You can try to call around some more, but I would actually be surprised if you did find a civil surgeon who was willing to take the previous test results and the x-ray. It does make sense to call around in any case, since there is a huge difference in the cost of civil surgeons. Unfortunately, you might have to re-take the x-ray in the end anyways.

Adjustment of Status from F-1 to Legal Permanent Resident

02/11/2011 Married at Manhattan City Hall

03/03/2011 - Day 0 - AOS -package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

03/04/2011 - Day 1 - AOS -package signed for at USCIS

03/09/2011 - Day 6 - E-mail notification received for all petitions

03/10/2011 - Day 7 - Checks cashed

03/11/2011 - Day 8 - NOA 1 received for all 4 forms

03/21/2011 - Day 18 - Biometrics letter received, biometrics scheduled for 04/14/2011

03/31/2011 - Day 28 - Successful walk-in biometrics done

05/12/2011 - Day 70 - EAD Arrived, issued on 05/02

06/14/2011 - Day 103 - E-mail notice: Interview letter mailed, interview scheduled for July 20th

07/20/2011 - Day 139 - Interview at Federal Plaza USCIS location

07/22/2011 - Day 141 - E-mail approval notice received (Card production)

07/27/2011 - Day 146 - 2nd Card Production Email received

07/28/2011 - Day 147 - Post-Decision Activity Email from USCIS

08/04/2011 - Day 154 - Husband returns home from abroad; Welcome Letter and GC have arrived in the mail

("Resident since" date on the GC is 07/20/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

i'm not sure about the length in time but if they are still willing to accept the earlier xray can you have the place where you did the xray send over a copy of the xray sealed and through post office or something. you may have to pay for the copy and for it to be sent tho. of course if they aren't willing to do that then i don't know what to say.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.