TheSahlis

I-864 Question

1 post in this topic

Hello

I have filed a I-130 for my wife and a second one for my step-son. Both cases are now at NVC and I am filling out the I-864. My question's are:

1) do I file a I-864 for each as I have filed a I-130 for each, when I paid the AOS fee for my wife it took care of the fee for my step-son also, both show paid, and though I was able to print the cover sheet for my wife there was never one available for step-son, I called NVC and they just kept saying to wait and it will show up, they also told me I have to file two seperate I-864's and if cover letter never became available to just write a cover letter with his case number on it and put case number on all of the documents.

2) In part 3 question 9 it states " I am sponsoring the following family members...... Do not include any relatives listed on a seperate visa petition". So should I just list wife on her I-864 and not list step-son and answer 1 to question 10 and do the same on step-sons I-864.

part of what makes this confusing is that when I get to part 5 question 21, on my wifes it would be:

a-1

b-1

c-0

d-1 --- I have a son that I have to list

e-0

f-0

g-0

with h = 3

while on my step-sons it would look like this

a-1

b-1

c-1

d-1

e-0

f-0

g-0

with h = 4

this doesnt make sense, I would think that both I-864's need to have same number for household size. any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Met online June 27, 2008

May 15 2010 -- The Wedding in Castlemain, Victoria Australia

June 22, 2010 -- Mailed to Chicago lock box

July 5th recieved NOA1

Nov 1 2010 Case transfered to Texas Service Center

Nov 24 2010 Case Transfered to USCIS Office ???

Feb 7th Changed address on USCIS web site

Feb 17th Wifes case approved

Feb 18Th Step-Son's case RFE

Feb 27th Both Cases put back into "Initial Review"

Mar 28Th Case approved at USCIS

Apr 14Th AOS Fee Paid

Apr 19Th IV Fee paid

Apr 19Th AOS packets Sent

Apr 21St IV Packets Sent

May 19Th RFE for Wife IV Recieved

May 19Th RFE for Stepson IV Recieved

May 22nd RFE reply for wife and stepson sent to NVC (Overnight)

June 3rd NVC message changed to show that RFE being processed

June 6th NVC payment portal SIF

June 9th NVC message changed to case closed

June 11th Interview scheduled in Sydney for July 26th

June 15th NVC mailed package to Sydney

June 20Th Package delivered to consulate

June 23rd emailed consulate for earlier interview

June 26th reply from consulate Intervirw moved to July 12th

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.