TammyandJosh

Just Filed i-129F

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone..

We just filed our i-129f and have started the long waiting game i guess..very depressing. what can we be doing now? or should we be doing now thta will help speed anything up? any tips survival strategies would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can be working and saving money for the time when you move. You wont be able to have a job or work for quite a few months.

Find things to keep you busy. All you can do now is wait until you get the NOA2. Thats when you start gathering the other things.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Welcome - you can do your self a favour by ensuring that you have documents ready for future steps. Long birth certificates, divorce decrees from former marriages (if applicable). The Cdn citizen can ensure their immunizations (http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/adult-schedule.htm#print ) are up to date long before the medical (so many people scrambled at the last minute...why bother!)

Here is 1 of the Panel physicians who do them http://www.panelphysicians.com/ ...you can't the medical done yet, but get ready for it by reading ahead.

Inky's so right about saving $$$....many folks get through the K1 and think 'PHEW!' but the very next step once you've married costs $1010.00 (called Adjustment of Status)...be ready for the next bills.

You can visit each other during the K1 period....you need to ensure you're bringing strong evidence of ties to back home (whether you're the US or the Cdn) so the border guards can validate that you don't plan to sneak in :)

PS - PLAN THE WEDDING!!!! You may not know the date but you can plan a lot!

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks so much. Its just so stressful..and the more i read the more i get stressed. ive kinda started wedding planning went to the bridal show in Pittsburgh last month and got a few ideas but without being able to set anything in stone for dates/seasons very difficult and thats depressing..

Obviously ill keep working and saving. I may look more into writing my PA nursing exams now or at least start studying..

Im just depressed as hes really busy with playoffs so I cant see him regularily right now..We usually try to spend a couple weekends or couple groups of a few days together but now its impossible almost..Its also hard on the kids..i have 2 a 5yr old girl and 9 yr old son who want to move tomorrow..They dont get why we cant..Its probably harder on the kids then me..I guess Im lucky they have bonded so well with him.

I see a lot of shortforms here i dont get like NOAs etc..Is there a cheat sheet page?

Anyways thanks so much..any other thoughts advise coping strategies would be great....

Welcome - you can do your self a favour by ensuring that you have documents ready for future steps. Long birth certificates, divorce decrees from former marriages (if applicable). The Cdn citizen can ensure their immunizations (http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/adult-schedule.htm#print ) are up to date long before the medical (so many people scrambled at the last minute...why bother!)

Here is 1 of the Panel physicians who do them http://www.panelphysicians.com/ ...you can't the medical done yet, but get ready for it by reading ahead.

Inky's so right about saving $$$....many folks get through the K1 and think 'PHEW!' but the very next step once you've married costs $1010.00 (called Adjustment of Status)...be ready for the next bills.

You can visit each other during the K1 period....you need to ensure you're bringing strong evidence of ties to back home (whether you're the US or the Cdn) so the border guards can validate that you don't plan to sneak in :)

PS - PLAN THE WEDDING!!!! You may not know the date but you can plan a lot!

Timeline

Thanks so much. Its just so stressful..and the more i read the more i get stressed. ive kinda started wedding planning went to the bridal show in Pittsburgh last month and got a few ideas but without being able to set anything in stone for dates/seasons very difficult and thats depressing..

Obviously ill keep working and saving. I may look more into writing my PA nursing exams now or at least start studying..

Im just depressed as hes really busy with playoffs so I cant see him regularily right now..We usually try to spend a couple weekends or couple groups of a few days together but now its impossible almost..Its also hard on the kids..i have 2 a 5yr old girl and 9 yr old son who want to move tomorrow..They dont get why we cant..Its probably harder on the kids then me..I guess Im lucky they have bonded so well with him.

I see a lot of shortforms here i dont get like NOAs etc..Is there a cheat sheet page?

Anyways thanks so much..any other thoughts advise coping strategies would be great....

Yep - I got pretty miserable at a few points because the wedding date was a moving target.. at the time I was hoping for August and ended up being married in Nov...looking at people's timelines that are going through Montreal and applied around the same time as you will help you get a rough idea.

Are you the bride and USC (US citizen) or is your fiancé?

NOA - notice of Action - this is the standard letter USCIS sends when they've received a petition or are notifying you of some step they've completed.

AOS - Adjustment of Status - the next step after K1 and marriage once you're together in the US

EAD - Employment authorization - part of AOS- kind of self explanatory :P

Ap - Advance parole- part of AOS as well - allows the prospective GC (green card) applicant to travel prior to getting their 2 yr GC from AOS

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Udella&Wiz has a good point about the immunizations especially with two kids, make sure all their shots and vaccinations are up-to-date and remember you'll need to get their long-form birth certificates too.

I130 sent May 31, 2011

I130 NOA1 June 3, 2011

I130 NOA2 Sept 27, 2011

Case Complete May 31, 2012

Interview scheduled June 5, 2012 for July 16, 2012

Medical June 19, 2012

Rescheduled interview for June 26, 2012

APPROVED!

Email received passport picked up by Loomis June 26, 2012

Passport received June 27, 2012 Loomis location

POE July 2, 2012

Here is some good cheat pages.. http://www.visajourney.com/content/us-immigration-abbreviations

http://www.visajourney.com/content/us-immigration-glossary

My advice would be to keep working and keep staying busy. You can start planning the wedding, deciding on a theme, colours, big wedding or small, invites and so on. That way when the time comes you won't have soo much to worry about. You can also start looking onto places you can have the wedding, ministers, flowers and such to see whats to offer in that area. The waiting is what makes this whole process stressfull..So just try to keep busy! Also like everyone else mentioned, make sure you and your children have all there shots up to date so that way you'll be all set when the time comes. Remember you will need a long form birth certificate too for the interview, make sure you and your children have that as well, you can order them online. Best wishes to you on ya'lls Journey!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.