happy_01

K-1 visa approved...I need additional advice

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Good day, Everyone! Last April 20, 2011 we received email from USCIS informing us that they approved our fiance visa application and were super happy about it. Im 9 months pregnant and about to give birth next month and my fiance is also arriving this coming may to be with us. My question is how can we bring the baby in the US with me? Do we need to apply for his citizenship/passport here at the US embassy manila? We're planning to go to the US with my fiance when he go back home in June. Do I need to call the embassy for the schedule of interview and medical? What's the best thing to do? I really want to be with my fiance and marry him asap. Please help us and please give us the best advice. Thank you everyone and More power to this page

Good day, Everyone! Last April 20, 2011 we received email from USCIS informing us that they approved our fiance visa application and were super happy about it. Im 9 months pregnant and about to give birth next month and my fiance is also arriving this coming may to be with us. My question is how can we bring the baby in the US with me? Do we need to apply for his citizenship/passport here at the US embassy manila? We're planning to go to the US with my fiance when he go back home in June. Do I need to call the embassy for the schedule of interview and medical? What's the best thing to do? I really want to be with my fiance and marry him asap. Please help us and please give us the best advice. Thank you everyone and More power to this page

Wow this is a unusual happy situation! I would contact the embassy ASAP, maybe they can expedite your processing. They must be able to grant Visa for new born baby in case of situations like this. If that doesn't work have your fiance contact his congressman or senator. Good Luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wow this is a unusual happy situation! I would contact the embassy ASAP, maybe they can expedite your processing. They must be able to grant Visa for new born baby in case of situations like this. If that doesn't work have your fiance contact his congressman or senator. Good Luck!

The baby isn't eligible for a visa. The baby will have a claim to US citizenship, and US citizens cannot obtain a visa to come to the US. They need to file a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) with the embassy and get the baby a US passport. In some countries, the baby would also need an exit visa issued from the local government for permission to leave the country. In some countries you can get around the exit visa requirement by obtaining a local passport. Essentially, the baby would be leaving the country as a citizen of that country, and arriving in the US as a citizen of the US. The CRBA process is usually only a couple of months.

The OP should check with the embassy and see what their process is for a CRBA. Some consulates will accept the application on a walk-in basis. Others will insist they make an advance appointment. Some will also insist on a DNA test to confirm paternity when the child is born out of wedlock with a US citizen father.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

The baby isn't eligible for a visa. The baby will have a claim to US citizenship, and US citizens cannot obtain a visa to come to the US. They need to file a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) with the embassy and get the baby a US passport. In some countries, the baby would also need an exit visa issued from the local government for permission to leave the country. In some countries you can get around the exit visa requirement by obtaining a local passport. Essentially, the baby would be leaving the country as a citizen of that country, and arriving in the US as a citizen of the US. The CRBA process is usually only a couple of months.

The OP should check with the embassy and see what their process is for a CRBA. Some consulates will accept the application on a walk-in basis. Others will insist they make an advance appointment. Some will also insist on a DNA test to confirm paternity when the child is born out of wedlock with a US citizen father.

Thank you for the advice :) happy easter!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.