orlandoiam

Legit marriage 2 different addresses

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi-- We're about to start gathering evidence for our I-751 but I believe we might have a problem. Our evidence has two different addresses-- a DC one and a Maryland one.

When we first came, we moved in with my parents at the Maryland address. My husband's original status was given to the Maryland address.

We moved to DC. We never notified the USCIS as we wanted to keep the Maryland address as our point of contact(our DC mail has been very unreliable).

Our bank statements, insurance info and federal taxes have been filed under the MD address. However, we have no utilities or rental contract (as it's my parents' address).

Our rental contract and utilities are at the DC address.

Our state taxes have been filed separately as I kept the MD domicile and he took the DC domicile (for purposes of studying English at a school which required DC residency).

My driver's license is MD. He doesn't have one yet.

Our marriage (and our 2 1/2 yr old daughter) are legit. However, all our proof seems conflicting. What do I do?

Thank you.

Edited by orlandoiam

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife and I had my conditions lifted under the exact circumstances you and your husband are in with no problems. Our permanent address is my mother in-law's (bank, uscis, driver's licenses, insurance, etc., for ex. are listed here), but our physical address is in another city about 3 hours east (our rental address and utility address, for ex, are listed here). We submitted everything requested/listed on VJ with their respected addresses, sans a letter addressing the conflicting mailing addresses, and were approved without an interview.

From my experience, you have nothing to worry about. But if you're wary of what USCIS will think, just add a letter explaining why two addresses are listed.

side note: I wish I could live in a city in which a driver's license is not needed. Jealous!

Good luck with your paperwork!

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi-- thank you for your reply this is information is clarified from my first post.

We're about to start gathering evidence for our I-751 but I believe we might have a problem. Our evidence has two different addresses-- a DC one and a Maryland one.

When we first came, we moved in with my parents at the Maryland address. My husband's original status was given to the Maryland address.

We moved to DC. We never notified the USCIS as we wanted to keep the Maryland address as our point of contact(our DC mail has been very unreliable).

Our bank statements, insurance info and federal taxes have been filed under the MD address and are mutual. However, we have no utilities or rental contract (as it's my parents' address).

Our rental contract is at DC and is mutual.

Utilities are at the DC address but only under his name.

Our state taxes have been filed separately as I kept the MD domicile and he took the DC domicile (for purposes of studying English at a school which required DC residency)(I wanted Maryland residency as I was finishing up school at a state school and needed in-state tuition).

My driver's license is MD. He doesn't have one yet.

Our marriage (and our 2 1/2 yr old daughter) are legit.

2 questions:

All our proof seems conflicting. What do I do?

I want to keep receiving USCIS mail at the MD address. Our DC address isn't reliable. Do I need to file the AR-11?

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.