saraio

are there hackers around?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just have a question, we have filed our case at NVC already, we sent the DS260 form first and 3 weeks later the AOS, the day after we sent the AOS we got an e-mail checklist letter from NVC requesting our AOS (which I mentioned that was sent already) that was during the weekend.

On Monday called the operator to find out if we needed to resend it again, which to that said not to.. Later on that day we received an e-mail answer that said that our AOS was recieved and was going to be reviewed... we never received a message saying that our IV package was recieved and then we get this one from our AOS which wasn't a letter just a message... my question is it common to get this e-mail reply message? I'm just concerned about hackers, the e-mail addres matches NVC electronic processing addres though... just checking of anyone around has gotten this kind of reply?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Saralo,

I wouldn't worry too much. NVC is not always consistent about sending a notice (via email) for everything they receive. Often times, you may even get an email response / confirmation much later (sometimes even after you are well into the next step).

The emails form NVC are often very generic sounding and impersonal. It's common too that it may even have things stated that are very general and maybe not specific to your case. Sometimes, you may not receive any email at all and have to continue to follow-up. Frustrating... but this is the world of NVC. It requires really staying on top of them for answers and to see how your case is progressing.

(Example: You did well to call and inquire about your AOS and if you needed to re-send it. It seems, by what you said, the NVC operator said 'no' probably because they were able to confirm receipt of your AOS in their system). Calling with any questions or doubts is a good policy. Also, don't hesitate to ask to speak with a supervisor if you happen to run into an NVC operator who is not very helpful or has a bad attitude.

You can also send questions / inquiries to the following email address:

NVCInquiry@state.gov

While this may take a little longer to get answers, it is useful in having a documented paper trail if you have any problems in the future. NVC does indeed make mistakes, this process is already a lot of brain and emotional overload, so, it's good to have your own documentation that you can refer back too. During our process, I did both (phone calls and email inquiries... phone calls for a faster answer.... email inquiries for documented proof). I also kept a log of every phone call. Date, Time, Operator / Supervisor I spoke with, questions asked and answers given. Yes, it seems excessive after all the work already involved. But, as I said, NVC does make mistakes... sometimes many. (If you read our timeline, you will have an idea why I went through so much effort). It doesn't happen to every case. But, it happens frequently. So, better to always be prepared.

So far, from the little info you gave, I think your moving along okay. And the email you received is typical.

Best of Luck,

~Bleauwolf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.