marie007

Vaccinations

5 posts in this topic

Hello all:

Is Hep "A" required for vacciantion needed to immigrate to USA from Canada. IR-1 or CR1?

I notice Hep B is no longer needed and zoster.

Thanks in advance

Marie

Hepatitis A is only needed for those 12 months to 23 months old.

And Hep B is still required, for those under 18.

For a table of required vaccines by age: http://www.cdc.gov/i...tions.html#tbl1

Edited by Saylin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The verbiage they use for the 2 Hep vaccinations is:

Recommended if some other risk factor is present (e.g., based on medical, occupational, lifestyle, or other indications)

It's not mandatory

Here's their chart:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/adult/mmwr-adult-schedule.pdf

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there:

Thanks to all who responded so quickly.

I am so happy I don't need Hep A, but I do have Hep B. I thought I needed. It was expensive. Anyway, the other good thing is that Zoster is no longer needed , now that is expensive and very hard to get where I live, in fact there wasn't any available at all in the province. I think I have them all. The thing is my blood test for (antibody titers) is in 2006. But ya know blood test don't change, it's either there or not. I have trying to get this re-done. I work long hours per week. My Doctor works short hours per week..lol. I am going to try the after hour clinic this Saturday . I have explain a few things on the phone. May the Lord help me with this. oh, the titers test does come from the local hospital.

Marie :help:

The verbiage they use for the 2 Hep vaccinations is:

Recommended if some other risk factor is present (e.g., based on medical, occupational, lifestyle, or other indications)

It's not mandatory

Here's their chart:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/adult/mmwr-adult-schedule.pdf

My husband got a titers (sp?) test when it came to his immunizations. He didn't have Hep A, but they gave it to him anyway just to be sure. He also ended up getting a tetanus shot as well. But yes, I would definitely recommend getting all the immunizations updated because they are expensive if you do them with your immigration medical.

J-

Our Story

03-05-2008: Met Online (World of Warcraft)

04-19-2008: Met in Person and Started Dating

04-19-2009: Engaged

08-07-2009: Married at Laconia, New Hampshire

USCIS

10-21-2009: Mailed I-130

10-26-2009: NOA1

05-17-2010: NOA2

Our I-130 was approved in 203 days from our NOA1 date

NVC

05-25-2010: Called NVC to receive case # and submit emails

06-01-2010: AOS Fee Paid

06-09-2010: Opt-in accepted

06-16-2010: E-mailed I-864 package

06-23-2010: IV Fee Paid

07-12-2010: E-mailed DS230 package

08-04-2010: Email from NVC - Case Completed

NVC process completed in 71 days

CONSULATE

12-07-2011: Received consulate interview date

12-13-2010: Medical Exam (Medisys)

01-07-2011: Interview - APPROVED!

POE & POST INTERVIEW

01-16-2011: POE Highgate Springs, VT

01-22-2011: SSN Card Received

01-24-2011: Receipt Letter Arrived

02-10-2011: Biometrics Appointment (uncommon for CR-1)

03-15-2011: Welcome Notice Received

03-19-2011: 2 Year Green Card Arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.