serpico1

Trying to change interview date

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Our interview is scheduled for October 11 in Boston but something just came up for work and I have to be out of the country then. Does anyone know if it is possible for us to get an earlier date? If we ask to postpone it, how long will we have to wait to get a new one scheduled?

I doubt you can get an earlier date, but it is possible to reschedule, most likely to a later date. I believe the process is to write a letter to your DO requesting a change. Infopass couldn't hurt either.

Edited by dr_lha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Persons on here have been successful at re-scheduling, but some with wait times in excess of 6 months. Good luck.

*Karen -- Jamaica ....... Courtney -- New Jersey*

09-12-05 - AOS filed

04-21-06 - AOS Interview

04-27-06 - Approval

05-17-06 - Green Card in hand

02-11-08 - File to remove conditions

03-15-08 - Biometrics

03-18-09 - Approved - No interview (Card production ordered)

03-24-09 - 10-year card arrives!

adaf8672.gif

JimminiCricket.jpg

Filed: Timeline

You run the risk of getting a denial for not turning up for the interview, even if you write to them and do infopass.... they will look at the reason for you not being able to go and if it is not a life or death situation you may well be filing a motion to re-open your case....

Have you explained the situation to your employer? most employers understand that you are being called for interview by a government agency and have to go...

The only couple that I have seen on here who were able to reschedule their interview as their baby was due, waited 6 months and had to renew the EAD... and the others that have tried it have ended up with a denial.. and had to start over or file to re-open....

Good Luck

Kezzie

Filed: Timeline

For my wife's recently-completed AOS, the interview was scheduled when I would be out of the country for work. We sent a letter to the address on the interview notification (as the national helpline people suggested we do), which apparently never reached them. Fortunately, we had decided that my wife should show up at the appointed time to make sure that it had been cancelled. It hadn't, but they were very pleasant about the whole thing, made a copy of our paperwork that showed why I was out of the country, and said that they'd reschedule for after I returned.

The rescheduled date was about two months after the first one--which was still before I returned. My wife went to their office again, and they rescheduled us on the spot for a couple of weeks later. This was at the Chicago office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.