kcnca

I129F ? (Approved petition sent directly to Embassy/Consulate?) [edited title]

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You are also finding ut that the NOA2 is not the end, it is not even the middle. We waited longer from NOA2 to interview than for the NOA2 itself. Your results could vary

It was the same for us, the wait after the NOA2 for interview was twice as long as the wait for the NOA2 itself. Not saying that will be the case for the OP though - but it can take a while.

Shawn is the Yank, Emi is the Brit.

Late 2000 - We met online

01/04/09 - We became a couple :)

02/27/09 - We met in person for the first time!

09/05/09 - Shawn proposed in London! :)

K-1 Visa Process:

02/05/10 - Petition mailed to CSC

03/31/10 - Petition approved!! Yay!! :)

06/15/10 - Medical in London

08/10/10 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!

09/03/10 - POE: Philadelphia

10/15/10 - Our Beautiful Wedding!

AOS Process:

11/15/10 - AOS package mailed

12/14/10 - Biometrics

02/10/11 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!

02/19/11 - Green card received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes it is frustrating as I see many on here who's petition was received in a few days and some a little later and I do understand that it can take some time to get there and yes maybe I'm a little quick to jump but we have been waiting for so long that I just want to keep it moving since it actually started to move from that constipated state it was in plus knowing what all is needed from here is also another challenge, but this site is a great one from all who participate to the information

thanks to all who have responded

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

07/25/11 Still waiting for Visa to be received

08/04/11 POE at Orlando International

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Sent AOS,EAD & AP in same package 3/19/2012

Package Tracking Shows it was received 3/21/2012

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Received EAD & AP May 28 2012

Received 2yr green card Sept 15 2012

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if you can get your case numbes BGT....you can look at the botoga embassy for visa scheduled appointments list for your number,new list every the 15 of each month, you can scrol down the list looking for your case number,YOU NEED THAT BGT CASE NUMBER FIRST, the nvc has to give it to you.

Timeline

USCIS told me over the phone that non immigrant visa's like an I-129f go directly to the consulates and immigrant visa's like an I-130 go through the NVC. My best friends I-129f went directly to the Philippines once he got his approval letter.

That is interesting to hear as no one else on here from what I have heard or read has had that experience, but it seems as though mine is taking a similar route from what I can tell based on what is written on the NOA, I sent an e-mail to the NVC requesting information if it had been received and they responded back with a no, but it says that if it was not received with in 15 days to send them a copy of the NOA and they would track it down, all sounds good but I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about it

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Filed: Timeline

That is interesting to hear as no one else on here from what I have heard or read has had that experience, but it seems as though mine is taking a similar route from what I can tell based on what is written on the NOA, I sent an e-mail to the NVC requesting information if it had been received and they responded back with a no, but it says that if it was not received with in 15 days to send them a copy of the NOA and they would track it down, all sounds good but I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about it

Yep, I asked a tier 2 officer that the other day and he said that my petition would go directly to Manila and not the NVC. My buddy's petition arrived in Manila 5 days after he was approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

USCIS told me over the phone that non immigrant visa's like an I-129f go directly to the consulates and immigrant visa's like an I-130 go through the NVC. My best friends I-129f went directly to the Philippines once he got his approval letter.

They were wrong. USCIS does not handle that part of it. Your friend's went through NVC and that is who issued the MNL number. ALL visa petitions of ALL types go to NVC

It would be like me saying "I am mailing something directly to you" and not going through the post office. Not possible.

Yep, I asked a tier 2 officer that the other day and he said that my petition would go directly to Manila and not the NVC. My buddy's petition arrived in Manila 5 days after he was approved.

The officer is wrong.

Your friend has an MNL number right? Where did he get it?

NVC does not necessarily mean a long process, but all petitions go there.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It will go to NVC. You will get a notice from NVC of the consulate case number. when you get that your fiancee can make a medical exam appointment. Believing in wrong information will change nothing.

It is not unusual at all for the NVC operators to not know a case is there.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

They were wrong. USCIS does not handle that part of it. Your friend's went through NVC and that is who issued the MNL number. ALL visa petitions of ALL types go to NVC

It would be like me saying "I am mailing something directly to you" and not going through the post office. Not possible.

The officer is wrong.

Your right, the immigration officer was hired the day he turned in his application and was placed immediately on the phone without any training. How would you know were my friends package went to? The NVC is not a post office. Look, even if the immigration officer was wrong and my friend, I would not listen or follow your advice due to the arrogance of all your previous post. You talk to people like they are stupid.

The officer is wrong.

And yes they did get a Manila number once the I-129f got to the consulate after been mailed directly from the VSC.

Your case could already be at the consulate waiting to be processed.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if you call the nvc they tell you your case is complete,they should have given you a new case number BGT......if you get that number you can see it on the list at the botoga embassy ...visa scheldule appointments, the list comes out every 15 of the month scrol down the list an look for your BGT... number time an date of your interview,...BUT YOU NEED YOUR CASE NUMBER,call again,603-334-0700 press 1 then 5 also call state department 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0 live person,have all your information ready, ask if case is complete to give you the new case number for the interview,

Timeline

if you call the nvc they tell you your case is complete,they should have given you a new case number BGT......if you get that number you can see it on the list at the botoga embassy ...visa scheldule appointments, the list comes out every 15 of the month scrol down the list an look for your BGT... number time an date of your interview,...BUT YOU NEED YOUR CASE NUMBER,call again,603-334-0700 press 1 then 5 also call state department 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0 live person,have all your information ready, ask if case is complete to give you the new case number for the interview,

I have done both I get nothing from them!

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Timeline

Ok called today and got the same info! still no idea where the petition is and they give ya the 15 days spiel still waiting to get our case number

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.