John+Lourdelie

TWO QUESTIONS

27 posts in this topic

My fiancée is going to be staying in Ermita while she waits for her visa to be delivered so I have a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone know of a nice internet café that she can go to that is near the Mabini Mansion Hotel so we can chat? If you know of one, address or directions are appreciated.

2. When she flies out of Manila, what are the taxes / fees that she will be required to pay to depart her country? I want her to bring back the minimum amount of peso to the USA.

Thanks in advance,

John

2. if not included in the price of the ticket, Travel tax 1620p. http://www.philtourism.com/ttax_rates1.html

terminal fee 750p

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

2. When she flies out of Manila, what are the taxes / fees that she will be required to pay to depart her country? I want her to bring back the minimum amount of peso to the USA.

Why is that?

Do you or your fiance never plan on going back to PI?

I always try to bring back around 20,000 pesos when I come home from Philippines. That way when I fly back to PI I have a pocket money and don't have to look for a money changer........ :yes::yes::yes:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Why is that?

I always try to bring back around 20,000 pesos when I come home from Philippines. That way when I fly back to PI I have a pocket money and don't have to look for a money changer........ :yes::yes::yes:

I agree with TCO, but would add that getting php at the airport is too easy, there is an ATM right outside the international terminal exit area.

And even if you never go back, you can always change PHP to USD at your bank.

I paid the terminal fee in U.S. dollars and received the change in Php's.

Don't forget to have some extra cash to pay for overweight baggage! :idea:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you bought ticket from US, Travel tax is usually not included, she have to pay that at the airport 1620php. And the terminal fee is 750... I have $20 in case I need it during stops, but I did not got to use it. Just make sure you have small snacks on your carry on in case you want to eat something...airport food is SO expensive.

Why is that?

Hmmm... we were told in our CFO seminar not to bring more the Php10,000...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is illegal to bring more than $10,000 php into or out of the Philippines without prior authorization.

Currency Regulations

It is illegal for any incoming or outgoing passenger to bring in or out Philippine Pesos in excess of P10,000.00 without prior authority from the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. Any violation of this rule may lead to its seizure and civil penalties and/or criminal prosecution. (BSP Circular 98-1995)

The transportation of foreign currency or monetary instruments is legal. However, the carrying of foreign currency in excess of US$10,0000.00 or its equivalent in other foreign currencies must be declared to a Customs Officer or the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. Violation of this rule may lead to seizure and sanctions, fines and/or penalties.

Hmmm... we were told in our CFO seminar not to bring more the Php10,000...

You mis understood CFO.

It's not Php 10,000, it's $10,000 USD

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

CFO is right. You cannot bring in or out 10,000 in Php currency w/o BSP approval. You have to report USD10,000 at the customs. It's not just the value, but the currency.

You mis understood CFO.

It's not Php 10,000, it's $10,000 USD

CFO is right. You cannot bring in or out 10,000 in Php currency w/o BSP approval. You have to report USD10,000 at the customs. It's not just the value, but the currency.

CFO is wrong

You can take more than 10,000 in Php in and out of Philippines. :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

CFO is wrong

You can take more than 10,000 in Php in and out of Philippines. :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

If you CAN, yes. AND If you GET CAUGHT without following Philippines' Customs Rules below, then be ready to lose your money because they confiscate any unreported amounts exceeding the limits.

"Currency rules

Currency Import regulations:

Residents and Non-residents: local currency (Philippine Peso-PHP): up to PHP 10,000.-. Exceeding amounts require an authorisation from the Central Bank of the Philippines. foreign currencies : up to USD 10,000.-, or its equivalent. Amounts exceeding USD 10,000.-, or its equivalent must be declared.

Currency Export regulations:

Residents and Non-residents: local currency (Philippine Peso-PHP): up to PHP 10,000.-. Exceeding amounts require authorisation from the Central Bank of the Philippines. foreign currencies : up to USD 10,000.-, or its equivalent. Amounts exceeding USD 10,000.-, or its equivalent must be declared."

If you CAN, yes. AND If you GET CAUGHT without following Philippines' Customs Rules below, then be ready to lose your money because they confiscate any unreported amounts exceeding the limits.

"Currency rules

Currency Import regulations:

Residents and Non-residents: local currency (Philippine Peso-PHP): up to PHP 10,000.-. Exceeding amounts require an authorisation from the Central Bank of the Philippines. foreign currencies : up to USD 10,000.-, or its equivalent. Amounts exceeding USD 10,000.-, or its equivalent must be declared.

Currency Export regulations:

Residents and Non-residents: local currency (Philippine Peso-PHP): up to PHP 10,000.-. Exceeding amounts require authorisation from the Central Bank of the Philippines. foreign currencies : up to USD 10,000.-, or its equivalent. Amounts exceeding USD 10,000.-, or its equivalent must be declared."

Sorry But the information you posted is wrong......... :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

BSP Circular 98-1995. are you saying the regulations do not exist or that it is easy to get away with?

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.