Peace be still

I sent off my I751 papers.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The last few weeks has been a little stressful for me and my hubby. We sent off the I751 form. For the past two years things have not been peaches and cream, so we checked the G box. We have been working on our differences, and getting accustomed to each other and I can say I do love him, and I know he loves me, but the dept of his love i'm not too sure of. My husband has said somethings to me that were straight out cruel, and I to him aswell, there are two sides to every story, so i'm no angel. If it's GOD's will for us to remain together then he will get his 10yr green card I pray. But all the mess I had to go through to get him over here, and for him to act the way he did was a smack in my face at times. So I can say that he lost a part of my heart, I won't fight like a tigeress like I did to get him here. All I know is that I will not lie to the US Government and act like things were perfect and they were not but I did let them know that we were working on our relationship, and how helpful he was to me in some areas of my life.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Timeline

I am sorry for what you're going through. It definitely sounds like you're having a hard time. Just to offer some advice, try to not to hold the work that you did to bring him to the US over his head. I know it's easy for women to look back at all the work that we do, whether it's cleaning or cooking or whatever and sometimes "count" those things in our relationships. He also needs to check himself and remember that you are first his wife. He should love and respect you and never try to be cruel. I hope that you guys can work things out. Also, I don't think the government expects people to just be happy; I think they expect people to have problems just like every other married couple out there.

I hope you have a strong support group of friends and family to help you through this time. If you don't, remember we're always here to listen and support you when you need it. I can tell that you're a very forgiving person and that is a fantastic quality to have!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your attitude shows that you are a wonderful wife.there is no culture shock in Love. A heart filled with Love and guided by self remorse will never let you down.i wish you the best.

Your attitude shows that you are a wonderful wife.there is no culture shock in Love. A heart filled with Love and guided by self remorse will never let you down.i wish you the best.

All that immigrate to another country experience some culture shock, some more

severe than others, new way of life, specially if you are a mena man going to have your western wife support you in every

aspect of your life existence while you settle down and get used to the hustle and bustle of life here in America.

What does love have to do with it?

Experiencing culture shock and depression has nothing to do with one another...it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Love is one thing.....going thru the separation of your family circle, working, just doing basic everyday things that they don’t

have to do in their countries is overwhelming for them.

Even ppl that come from the UK experience culture shock here and UK is a progressive country!

Anyways that was my two cents! Words stated here are only opinions!

Now, I do agree with your attitudes expresses the wonderful wife that you are Menaforlife! Wishing you great things in your life!

Erase the image on how you thought your life would turn out- and start living the life you are living!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I totally understand what you are saying and my husband and I are dealing with the same sort of things... working on differences and understanding each other completely is a challenge. I hope you can think back to the good times and the reason that you wanted him in your life to begin with. Give it to God and he will show you the way, the way HE wants things. <3

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Timeline

Thanks for all of your replies. We just received his I751 Receipt number. What is ment to be will be, and I have no regrets because I went into this marriage with a pure heart, so I will continue to work on this marriage, and pray that it has a good ending. Either way I'm not doubting the worth that I am as a woman. I will never let cruel words destroy my self-esteem, it just destroys the love and the fight in me for him.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.