DavidandIrina

Best way to meet a Ukrainian/Russian (and cheapest)

401 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

h

It is fun to read all the generalities people post. There is truth to most of them, but when some say "This is a fact" and it is not backup up with references I get skeptical. Milushka, I dated a Russian women a few years ago when she was 26. She had lived with a Russian man(42) when she was 19 until she became pregnant, and he wanted her to abort or he would leave. She kept her boy and she never saw him again. There was no war or large disaster. She told me she liked older men. This happens everywhere, even the USA. I won't say it is the norm anywhere. And no she was not a scammer. Eduard does tend to overstate, since he seems to be pushing that site. But he does have some truth in there. But it is not as easy as he says either.

I think most of the men in VJ are like me, who were family men without a family. For various reasons we were not finding anyone in the USA and were lucky to find our match in RUB countries. Many of us are older, with some age difference in our brides. And no matter what you say it did not matter too much to the other partner! My wife is 23 years younger, and told me that is not normal in Ukraine. But I was the only one out of many responses who matched her. And I had been looking for a couple of years and do not agree with Eduard that it is easy, even with help. It takes work. The work does not stop after marriage either! For both partners.

while it may sound like a "fact which is not the fact" or generality, i call it social pattern of behavior which people follow specifically in Russia. They do date and marry within the certain range. There are of coarse exceptions, but falling in to such exceptions people struggle to maintain a good society opinion towards them. Yeh, you may say who cares what people think. Im not saying anything against, the fact is the fact, its not traditional means strange and weird to others. Like gays, its veeeeeery dangerous to be a gay in Russia, cause people dont accept it. So what I am saying its not tht normal young girl with no kids and other luggage like previous marriages etc. would chose to waste her youth and people around would raise her with such an idea even before she gets it by herself. Unless its for some benefit.

ohhh im sorry for that girl. The man probably was just having affair with her, judging on a speed he ran when responsobility came in. But again at 19 the phsycic of majority here is still not stable, they do mistakes and than cover them with words "oh i love older men".

I am glad to hear marriage works for you, but that means your wife most likely accepted the gap prior. Like those women on sites, I ve noticed they put the range of years of a man they looking for and it might go up to 30 yr difference. They prior know that they would hardly find someone of a same age group with no kids or previous marriages etc. Nothing wrong, you never know wht the men beside of them did and how happy they can get if they twist their views intentionally.

Now imagine the man Eduard comes to russian club looking for an adventure. If he tells that he is foreigner, there would be couple maybe of girls around him attracted to the fact. In case he wont say that and start flirt with gals, all he would receive back would be "dedushka, go to your babushka" --- as rude as that.

Yes, I only wish the happiness to those who found perfect match no matter what age, race or gender; but i feel like i know quite well people i live around to talk what im talking about, liking or not :)

Edited by Milushka

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Get your translator, this is very funny :rofl: and in a subject of scammers. Hopefully nobody becomes such a Lenusik or find one.

"Про возраст спорят особенно. Из сорока страниц - на каждой топик о разнице в возрасте, и в каждом с восклицательными знаками о том, что ее красавец как раз лучше молодых и на свои пятьдесят не выглядит. Голливудских актеров поминают. Шона Коннери. А то Шон Коннери и ему подобные полетят за тридевять земель молодух щупать. На них тут и так очередь. Одна пишет возмущенно: мой, мол, жених любимый стaрше меня на 26 лет, ну и что? Ну и пистец, девочка, что тут еще скажешь. Я попробую проследить за ней, как приедет, только ведь не появится на форуме-то, постесняется...

У меня знакомая была (и есть). Тоже вот в Штаты замуж устроилась, без любви, но за хорошего человека. Хороший человек был толст, лыс и имел непропорционально короткие конечности. Не карлик вроде, видимых уродств нет. Но ноги и руки такие коротенькие, не вру, локтей не сгибая в карманы руки засовывал. Он может и правда человек неплохой был, но в деньгах не рассчитал, как всегда, и нечем ему было компенсировать молодой жене свои очевидные недостатки. Гринки нет, дома в России никто не ждет, сынишка в Америке как карась в пруду прижился, надо терпеть. А терпеть нелегко, он же любви требует, ему ж про гринку-то никто не объяснял. У него только конечности короткие, а все остальные системы нормально функционируют. А ее воротит от одного взгляда и не пошоппиться для ощущения правильности протекаемой жизни и машина скромненькая. Вам любая девка с четырнадцатой объяснит - для проституции особый склад характера нужен и темперамент специальный. А ей и деваться некуда. Вот она напиваться начала в доску каждый второй вечер перед супружеским долгом. Время прошло, она гринку получила, работу какую никакую, сын подрос, от мужа ушла в подвал с кухней. (По разводу взяла всего ничего - 7 тонн, мебель и Короллу недовыплаченную). Уйти, в общем, ушла. А пить уже не перестала. Такие дела..."

Read the full story here

Edited by Milushka

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: Timeline

I wont even read this thread.

I think its just plain offensive to say "cheapest". Like what the **** are you expecting. Eastern European countries are not a store and you cant buy someone...

Seems like a typical CHEAP/greedy/poor/SHALLOW American point of view

Tell your friend nothing is 'cheap' and go bowl at French King because it sounds like thats all he can afford

Also tell your friend... Go live in another country for a year (not specifically Eastern Europe) - and experience another culture because I feel thats another flaw Americans have - feeling like America is the greatest place on earth... yet its the only place they have spent their time for the most part (you cannot include any 1 week or 2 week vacations to another country). Americans need to stop drinking the koolade.

/end rant

Also tell your friend... Go live in another country for a year (not specifically Eastern Europe) - and experience another culture because I feel thats another flaw Americans have - feeling like America is the greatest place on earth... yet its the only place they have spent their time for the most part (you cannot include any 1 week or 2 week vacations to another country). Americans need to stop drinking the koolade.

This is the best advice I could give anyone. We Americans are so poorly traveled and inward-looking that we often can't see past our own noses. I wish it was a requirement for everyone upon high school graduation to live abroad for 6 months or more. You can't really claim to be the best if it's the only thing you've ever known.

Edited by Captain Hammer

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I summarize your statements above to be that it really doesn't matter how you first learn about a FSU woman but it is in the quality and content of the correspondence that gives both a fighting chance at really learning about each other and possibly having a lasting relationship.

It doesn't matter from which set of ladies you've selected from.......the key is in the correspondence.

Personally I don't agree with you on that statement. I searched longer and using more different ways than most and do belive what website, agency, system you use to meet someone can make a world of difference. Someone who uses Anasatisa or Hot Russian Brides is probably going to spend a ton of money correspoding with someone who is not even the person he thinks he is corresponding with and has a low chance of success. Someone who goes on an Anastasia tour is more likely to meet a scammer than a sincere woman. The same applies to a RW someone meets on Match.com

Someone using Elenas, or Mamba, or Fiance.com or MerryDating is more likely to be corresponding with a woman who is looking for a good man to marry and build a happy life with. Still you can meet a good woman using a scam site or just going as a tourist or through any method.

On age difference. I was accused once of being in every age gap thread on the internet so since it is being discussed here I will throw in my two cents worth. Most women, Russian or American don't have a lot of interest in a man 20-30-40 years older than they are. A guy chasing young tail is more likely to meet a woman wanting to empty his wallet than to build a happy life with him. There are however women who are attracted to older men or who will accept a large age gap.

When I was 45 I spent 3 1/2 years living with a very beautiful (but slightly crazy) american girl. The only guys I ever heard her say that attracted her were older than me. That is not how most women feel but there are exceptions.

With my marriage I have one of the bigger age gaps you will find. We have a 37 year age difference. It doesn't seem to bother my wife at all and we seem as happy as any two people could be. I am not sure why my wife was accepting of an age gap. I do know that she had a very long term relationship during her late teen years with a Russian guy her age who cheated on her left and right. Perhaps the stability of an older guy was part of the appeal. She had a fiancee before me from France who was also considerably older. Unfortunately he was killed in a car crash in the Alps. I was searching for someone a little older than her and she was searching for someone a little younger than I was but her profile really caught my eye.

As I already said, most women would not consider a big age gap but there are women attracted to older men. If someone is set on a much younger wife it is possible but you will have to hunt harder and longer and have a much higher risk of failure.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

/end rant

That is a really good point and I do agree that most American's have a very distorted view of what life is like in other parts of the world. Vacationing abroad can help but living abroad would really change someones perspecive of life in other countries. I do agree totally with what you said.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

That is a really good point and I do agree that most American's have a very distorted view of what life is like in other parts of the world. Vacationing abroad can help but living abroad would really change someones perspecive of life in other countries. I do agree totally with what you said.

:thumbs:

Women are attracted to the richest guy they can stand. They can't really stand any of us so the money really helps!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

seriously, when young russian women became such an easy catch. I ve missed something , unless those are scammers, who would run away once they have what they wasted their times for. Russia is not a traditional Asia, where age difference isnt big deal and a man in the later years is discussed as a wise man rather than old. You wont really see Russian girl and Russian man living together, having 20 years difference, unless its a war or some disaster time. Dont be confused, thts not the case. If those are ready to have sexy times with you, Eduard, and those are like real young/no kids get ready your ca$h on table.

I am russian, turning 24yr, - my fiance is 28 yr.

Ukraine is not Russia, but when I lived in Odessa if I could not get "lucky" within a hour of leaving my flat, something was wrong with the world. I am thinking Russia would be similar.

we have 8 couples we hang with here, all Russia/American couples. We have 12 years age difference and are at the low end of the scale. Only one couple has less age difference than us. The most is 30 years. My wife's ex husband is living with TWO women, both more than 20 years younger than him.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I said I know people, who were able to get married when they were in their 30s and 40s. They had kids and they got married to Russian men in Russia. I don't know about the prospects, but I know that it's quite possible.

Plus Eduard was saying that he was looking for a younger woman with no kids and it was easy in Russia, cause "in Russia man is the one, who chooses". That's not true and that was my point.

So if you're in the mood to argue with anybody, please don't argue with me, choose somebody else. Cause my point was clear and it DID concern what was written about younger women. And if you had paid more attention while reading the thread, you would've noticed that.

No one said it is not possible.

Any mature man looking for a long term relationship with a much younger woman in Russia/Ukraine/Belarus with no kids, needs his head examined, IMO. However it is absolutely no problem for a man in his 40s to find a woman in her 20s that will have sex with him/live with him/marry him. And yes it is "easy". Note that I did not say ALL women and I did not even say MOST women, I said it is "no problem" to do so. I had plenty of opportunity from day one to do so if I wanted. A few thousand women out of the hundreds of thousands living in Odessa is more than enough to keep a man busy.

I do not think anyone will deny that Russia and Ukraine and Belarus are well represented in the foreign marriage advertisement sites and not many of the advertisers are men. Yet it is probably just a fraction of 1% of the women in those countries. Anyone thinking the average woman in those countries is wandering around with dreams of meeting an American and moving to America is wacko. Most don't even give it a thought and as many as "will do it" are "afraid to do it".

Now in case anyone hasn't figured it out, Eduard's posts were advertisements for a service he provides in order to make money. They should be taken as such.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

No one said it is not possible.

Any mature man looking for a long term relationship with a much younger woman in Russia/Ukraine/Belarus with no kids, needs his head examined, IMO. However it is absolutely no problem for a man in his 40s to find a woman in her 20s that will have sex with him/live with him/marry him. And yes it is "easy". Note that I did not say ALL women and I did not even say MOST women, I said it is "no problem" to do so. I had plenty of opportunity from day one to do so if I wanted. A few thousand women out of the hundreds of thousands living in Odessa is more than enough to keep a man busy.

I do not think anyone will deny that Russia and Ukraine and Belarus are well represented in the foreign marriage advertisement sites and not many of the advertisers are men. Yet it is probably just a fraction of 1% of the women in those countries. Anyone thinking the average woman in those countries is wandering around with dreams of meeting an American and moving to America is wacko. Most don't even give it a thought and as many as "will do it" are "afraid to do it".

Now in case anyone hasn't figured it out, Eduard's posts were advertisements for a service he provides in order to make money. They should be taken as such.

Once again Gary, I agree with you! :thumbs: I never lived in the Ukraine, but been there 29 times. I have been fortunate enough to meet good friends and learn about their culture. You are absolutely correct on the fact that most of the women will not leave their country, nor wait for a foreigner. Though Odessa girls might want you to take then to Steak House for dinner, then send you back to your country. :rofl: I love all my Odessa women! :thumbs: Point is, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Not all FSU countries contain only scammers, you just have to be intelligent enough to understand that it might happen and be on guard. Everyone has different paths they choose to follow to find the one or the ones! :whistle: I had a combination of ways that I reached mine, just like others will have theirs. It was a great journey for me and I even had some scammers in the mix, but it was a lot of fun! :thumbs:

Since Russia is the middle of a third "brain drain" at the moment, I am fairly certain that finding an foreign man to marry will become a more popular option.

Do you think we'll see legislation prohibiting it?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.