Maria and Varun

advice from people who received their noa2

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey can those of you have received your noa2 already give me some insight?

Do they go to the house of the person who is not from the U.S. I read they do a background check on every place they have lived since age 16. Do they send information to the home? Because we are leaving for 2 months (well one month is gone already).

Also, how do you know when your noa2 is done? I read some people say they never saw it online, it always said "initial review" and some people say they did not get the hardcopy.

Thanks for the info from those who have received their noa2 already.

Just recently received our NOA2 so can confirm that you can keep checking the USCIS site with your case number, and they normally update it - once processed it will read "Post Decision Activity" and you can check whether its approved or denied, unless they send you an RFE. Of course there are a few rare cases when they don't update anything - Your NOA2 hardcopy would arrive at the US citizen's address given on the petition which you sent them.

Hang in there, keep checking it regularly and you'll get it. Best of luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1. The NOA2 is sent to the US citizen.

2. You call USCIS to find out if your case was approved.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Do they go to the house of the person who is not from the U.S. I read they do a background check on every place they have lived since age 16. Do they send information to the home?

No they don't do that kind of check on the beneficiary, that would take way too much money. I think mostly they do name checks on their databases and check the police reports and all the forms that have to be filled out for the consulate.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey can those of you have received your noa2 already give me some insight?

Do they go to the house of the person who is not from the U.S. I read they do a background check on every place they have lived since age 16. Do they send information to the home? Because we are leaving for 2 months (well one month is gone already).

Also, how do you know when your noa2 is done? I read some people say they never saw it online, it always said "initial review" and some people say they did not get the hardcopy.

Thanks for the info from those who have received their noa2 already.

Most folks choose the email and text message notification options on the USCIS case status page. There's about a 24 hr delay, but that's one way you can get notified. as for background checks, I think they do an FBI check but that's about it (maybe CIA?)...hope this helps. good luck!

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale - My beautiful wife Soni
Timeline:
USCIS: 10-06-2009: I-130 rec'd by USCIS; 03-16-2010: I-130 APPROVAL (after 5+ friggin months of torture, agony and waiting!)
NVC:
04-29-2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED FOR JUNE 10TH IN CHENNAI CONSULATE, INDIA; 06-10-2010: INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!!!!!
06-18-2010: Entered US - NEW YORK CITY and 08-16-2010: GC received! (nearly 2 months after PoE) woo hoo!
AOS for permanent 10 yr green card:

04-02-2012: NOA of I-751 and 1 yr extension of temp green card

05-03-2012: Biometrics appointment

12-18-2012: 10 yr Green card approved; 12-22-2012: Green card rec'd

N-400 citizenship:

06-19-2013: N-400 mailed; 06-22-2013: N-400 rec'd at Dallas lockbox

10-3-2013: Interview date - APPROVED!

10-18-2013: NATURALIZED - We are done with USCIS!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.