tany1157

denied at casablanca

137 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am certainly hoping that time comes. You and I both started this about the same time and here we both are waiting for USCIS to make a decision again almost like it's right back at square one, it seems. I am hoping this last time goes quicker for us both and we both get through. I appreciate your kind words and your prayers. My husband is aware of your case as well. I do believe it helps to know we are not the only ones that have waited so long.

I have heard so many people say that actually getting the visa and getting the spouse or fiancee here is the easy part of the journey and that it gets harder once they are here and dependent on you for every little thing and making all those hard adjustments to a new life. That has not been the case for those second filers among us. I would trade the frustrations of adjustment for all this waiting and wondering anyday. After of this, I don't think anything will ever come between us again.

I agree with you nothing can be more frustrating than the wait ... I'm in the same boat 2nd filer and more waiting ... best wishes :thumbs:

Married:.................................08/02/11
I-130 Sent:.............................05/21/12

I-130 Packet Recv'd:..............05/23/12
I-130 Touched:.......................05/25/12
I-130 NOA 1:..........................06/02/12
I-130 RFE:..............................09/06/12
I-130 RFE Sent:......................09/14/12
I-130 RFE Recv'd: ..................09/18/12
I-130 Petition Denied:.............10/09/12
2nd USCIS I-130 Petition
I-130 Sent:......................................12/17/14
I-130 Packet Recv'd:.......................12/22/14
I-130 NOA 1:...................................12/24/14
I-130 NOA 2:................................... 05/19/15
I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recv'd: ......05/22/15
I-130 Petition Sent to NVC:.............05/26/15
I-130 Petition Recv'd At NVC:........................06/02/15
Case No. assigned Recv'd over phone: ....... 06/16/15
NVC Welcome letter Recv'd: .........................06/19/15
Agent assigned: .............................................07/06/15
AOS fee paid: .................................................07/06/15
AOS confirmed paid: ......................................07/08/15
IV Bill Recv'd by email:....................................07/21/15
IV Bill paid online:............................................08/01/15
Submit DS-260:...............................................08/10/15
AOS & IV Packet sent:....................................08/11/15
Scanned Date:.................................................08/13/15
Case Completed:.............................................08/31/15
Medical Exam : ...............................................10/28/15
Interview Date: ................................................11/11/15
Interview Date Rescheduled By Consulate : .12/04/15
Results: Approved Admin Review / AP..........12/08/15

Case Returned to USCIS .................................05/17/16

Case Reaffirmed: ..............................................09/18/17

Case Forwarded to Consulate: ........................10/12/17

2nd Interview: ...................................................11/17/17

Case Updated By Consulate: ............................12/28/17

Case Status Changed to Issued: ......................12/29/17
Visa Ready Pick up at Aramex: .........................12/30/17
Visa In Hand: ............01/03/18

Filed: Timeline

Please know, that the consular officers don't deny a visa on some willy-nilly bs. They deny based on the belief that there is fraudulent behavior by one or both parties. They might have some type of evidence in their files that demonstrates this. And yes, it its sad that people who are in love feel persecuted for whom they love, but these COs see so much fraud everyday that they'd rather err on the side of caution than to give the benefit of the doubt.

The access they are talking about is similar to sites like spokeo. They can see dating profiles, chat profiles. They can even go into email accounts and facebooks etc. The consulates are often aware of things the petitioner is not aware of. Spokeo is a service you can pay a small amount for and type in an email and see every account affiliated with the email.

spokeo online backjground search

If you are suspicious of online activity here in the United States being taken place on a computer stateside that will give you chat logs and screenshots

facebook and online chat recording

You may not need this information but if you are in trouble or suspect anything you can use either of these software or search engines to check out activity either on social networks, dating sites and chat accounts and the second one will help you stateside with activity

I agree with you nothing can be more frustrating than the wait ... I'm in the same boat 2nd filer and more waiting ... best wishes :thumbs:

Don't be so sure!! As numerous people have said before, the wait is nothing compared to the transition to the U.S. A whole new culture, a whole new way of doing things, a whole new way of living, etc, etc, etc.

We had two denials & four or five interviews. Or one denial and one time ban depending on how you look at it, and then a reversal of the time ban - with four or five interviews thrown in for good measure! My husband has been here for a good amount of time now.

So, as someone who's gone through both experiences - my advice is - do everything you can to be together, but savor your free time as a "single" gal before he gets here. Both situations have their ups and downs. Enjoy the ups and hold on through the downs.

Timeline

Don't be so sure!! As numerous people have said before, the wait is nothing compared to the transition to the U.S. A whole new culture, a whole new way of doing things, a whole new way of living, etc, etc, etc.

We had two denials & four or five interviews. Or one denial and one time ban depending on how you look at it, and then a reversal of the time ban - with four or five interviews thrown in for good measure! My husband has been here for a good amount of time now.

So, as someone who's gone through both experiences - my advice is - do everything you can to be together, but savor your free time as a "single" gal before he gets here. Both situations have their ups and downs. Enjoy the ups and hold on through the downs.

Wow. I had no idea you went through all that!

Well....I have personally enjoyed 16 adult years of freedom as a single gal. I am now looking forward to the ol' ball and chain and all the new ways of doing things my hubby can bring with him. Fortunately, he's a very laid back personality so maybe that will make it all easier on him. I'm just praying it actually happens this time.

Timeline

Wow. I had no idea you went through all that!

Well....I have personally enjoyed 16 adult years of freedom as a single gal. I am now looking forward to the ol' ball and chain and all the new ways of doing things my hubby can bring with him. Fortunately, he's a very laid back personality so maybe that will make it all easier on him. I'm just praying it actually happens this time.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

:wow:

Married:.................................08/02/11
I-130 Sent:.............................05/21/12

I-130 Packet Recv'd:..............05/23/12
I-130 Touched:.......................05/25/12
I-130 NOA 1:..........................06/02/12
I-130 RFE:..............................09/06/12
I-130 RFE Sent:......................09/14/12
I-130 RFE Recv'd: ..................09/18/12
I-130 Petition Denied:.............10/09/12
2nd USCIS I-130 Petition
I-130 Sent:......................................12/17/14
I-130 Packet Recv'd:.......................12/22/14
I-130 NOA 1:...................................12/24/14
I-130 NOA 2:................................... 05/19/15
I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recv'd: ......05/22/15
I-130 Petition Sent to NVC:.............05/26/15
I-130 Petition Recv'd At NVC:........................06/02/15
Case No. assigned Recv'd over phone: ....... 06/16/15
NVC Welcome letter Recv'd: .........................06/19/15
Agent assigned: .............................................07/06/15
AOS fee paid: .................................................07/06/15
AOS confirmed paid: ......................................07/08/15
IV Bill Recv'd by email:....................................07/21/15
IV Bill paid online:............................................08/01/15
Submit DS-260:...............................................08/10/15
AOS & IV Packet sent:....................................08/11/15
Scanned Date:.................................................08/13/15
Case Completed:.............................................08/31/15
Medical Exam : ...............................................10/28/15
Interview Date: ................................................11/11/15
Interview Date Rescheduled By Consulate : .12/04/15
Results: Approved Admin Review / AP..........12/08/15

Case Returned to USCIS .................................05/17/16

Case Reaffirmed: ..............................................09/18/17

Case Forwarded to Consulate: ........................10/12/17

2nd Interview: ...................................................11/17/17

Case Updated By Consulate: ............................12/28/17

Case Status Changed to Issued: ......................12/29/17
Visa Ready Pick up at Aramex: .........................12/30/17
Visa In Hand: ............01/03/18

Timeline

We put in a service request on tuesday, september 6, and got a response back via email this past saturday. They said we should have a notice of action by November 10. At least we aren't forgotten

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Timeline

We put in a service request on tuesday, september 6, and got a response back via email this past saturday. They said we should have a notice of action by November 10. At least we aren't forgotten

I hope it all works out for you. Ill be praying for you.

Timeline

I hope it all works out for you. Ill be praying for you.

I will pray for you. They have not forgotten about us either. We should know something by October 24th. Waiting is so hard in this process.

Timeline

Casa does make it rough. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the second time around (or third for Tany) is all we need. I don't know if I could handle this again. I'd just have to move myself.

Mine is at NVC now but I am gonna wait to complete the AOS there until I get back from my next trip to Morocco. My husband should have all our docs gathered by then and I will have it all ready to send off. I guess I could have done it all earlier on my seemingly endless wait with USCIS but I was just taking things one stage at a time.

Best wishes to everyone.

Tany,

That date seems far off, but I hope the time flies by and it's here before you know it. You have one of the best outlooks of anyone I've seen go through this. I wish the whole visa journey was an easier time for you!

Timeline

Tany,

That date seems far off, but I hope the time flies by and it's here before you know it. You have one of the best outlooks of anyone I've seen go through this. I wish the whole visa journey was an easier time for you!

She does, doesn't she? Amazing!

I wish my stress threshold was that high.

Timeline

ok, you guys are seriously embarrassing me now :blush: :blush: :blush: When it comes down to it, I have such a great guy. We have grown so much, and have so much fun together. We have our bad days, but no distance can take away the fact that I have a man who adores me, and at the end of the day, I adore him more and more as time goes by. We aren't perfect, but we are perfect for each other! That is what makes us so happy. Also, time has flown by, so we are not worried about the wait. We are just anxious to see how our case unfolds!

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline

ok, you guys are seriously embarrassing me now :blush: :blush: :blush: When it comes down to it, I have such a great guy. We have grown so much, and have so much fun together. We have our bad days, but no distance can take away the fact that I have a man who adores me, and at the end of the day, I adore him more and more as time goes by. We aren't perfect, but we are perfect for each other! That is what makes us so happy. Also, time has flown by, so we are not worried about the wait. We are just anxious to see how our case unfolds!

Not trying to embarrass you. :no:

Time has definitely NOT flown by for me! I hate this waiting and wondering and hoping, but not knowing!! Hate it!! And I want my husband with me NOW. And EVERDAY. I have, of course, almost zero patience left and it has been this way for me for a while. All my whining though hasn't sped it up. I just try to occupy myself. I am counting the days now until my next trip. I have two between now and Christmas and one booked for March. I am hoping he is here before the March trip rolls around, though. I guess we will see.

Tany, what was your hubby's second interview like? I'm sure they knew they had denied him once already, so I'm kinda curious of what my man might be up against the 2nd time around. What kind of stuff did they ask the second time? Were they mean to him?

Timeline

thinking of you!!! myself and my fiance' havnt began the journey yet but he is from Morocco and we will be going through Casablanca as well. keep your head high and know your love is above everything else!!! things will come your way inchallah

Timeline

Not trying to embarrass you. :no:

Time has definitely NOT flown by for me! I hate this waiting and wondering and hoping, but not knowing!! Hate it!! And I want my husband with me NOW. And EVERDAY. I have, of course, almost zero patience left and it has been this way for me for a while. All my whining though hasn't sped it up. I just try to occupy myself. I am counting the days now until my next trip. I have two between now and Christmas and one booked for March. I am hoping he is here before the March trip rolls around, though. I guess we will see.

Tany, what was your hubby's second interview like? I'm sure they knew they had denied him once already, so I'm kinda curious of what my man might be up against the 2nd time around. What kind of stuff did they ask the second time? Were they mean to him?

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. His second interview seemed to go very well. He was quite shocked when they said "denied" as he thought almost 100 percent they would say "approved"

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/303220-denied-at-casablanca/ This is the beginning of this thread, you can find a more detailed report of the interview. They were a lot more respectful at this interview than at the first one.

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.