kirby808

reason for failed k-1 interviews

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I was just curious to see what everyone knew about failed visa interviews. I know it sounds bad but I was curious to find out some of the causes for the k-1 visa to be failed in the Philippines.

Timeline

Hey everyone,

I was just curious to see what everyone knew about failed visa interviews. I know it sounds bad but I was curious to find out some of the causes for the k-1 visa to be failed in the Philippines.

no idea here but it's an interesting question so that we're prepare and had some ideas:)

Timeline

from what i've read some refusal are: failed on medical examinations, poor english ability, and lack of evidences for a bona fide relationship.:)

3-23-2011- i129f sent

3-24-2011- check encash

3-29-2011- NOA1

6-17-2011- RFE

7-01-2011- RFE sent

7-05-2011- RFE rcvd/Response review

7-14-2011- NOA2

[/b][/color]

from what i've read some refusal are: failed on medical examinations, poor english ability, and lack of evidences for a bona fide relationship.:)

or it could be insufficient income of the petitioner.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

At the Medical, If you admit drug use it's an automatic Life Time Ban from USA

Poor English Ability - Wrong Answer

I believe you can request a CO that speaks your native dialect

Whether or not you can speak English does not matter in the Interview....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Using a "Fixer" and having fake documents instead of spending the time to get the real documents (and any corrections that might be needed).

No matter how much document problems you have always spend the time & money to get all issues resolved legally and submit official authentic documents. Fixers might look cheaper and probably will be a lot quicker but what is the value of a passed interview vs a lifetime ban for material misrepresentation (which is what can happen if fake documents are presented at any time during the process)?

At the Medical, If you admit drug use it's an automatic Life Time Ban from USA

Poor English Ability - Wrong Answer

I believe you can request a CO that speaks your native dialect

Whether or not you can speak English does not matter in the Interview....

its true TCO! read that too.. its not only during the interview, but CO's Q is how will the couple understand each other if the beneficiary has a poor english... :yes::thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Where did you read this?

During my interview, I could hear the lady in the next booth. Her English speaking ability was really bad and yet she was approved.

I am sure that inability to speak English might cause some questions regarding communication but it is definitely NOT a cause for denial.

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Where did you read this?

During my interview, I could hear the lady in the next booth. Her English speaking ability was really bad and yet she was approved.

I am sure that inability to speak English might cause some questions regarding communication but it is definitely NOT a cause for denial.

ei sis A.. nabasa ko din yan sa mga agencies na nagfi-fix ng mga k1 visas.. ska un mga age gap eh malaki... they always suggesting na umuwi daw sa interview para kung me problem eh andon na sa embassy...hehehe... ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ siguro pag kaya namn mag-english ok na kahit balu-baluktot pero pag di tlga maka-english bka nga... ^_^;)

Edited by marklovetina
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

its true TCO! read that too.. its not only during the interview, but CO's Q is how will the couple understand each other if the beneficiary has a poor english... :yes::thumbs:

Not true. This is not a reason for denial. I have a buddy who married a Vietnamese woman and she barely spoke any English at all when she passed her interview.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

ei sis A.. nabasa ko din yan sa mga agencies na nagfi-fix ng mga k1 visas.. ska un mga age gap eh malaki... they always suggesting na umuwi daw sa interview para kung me problem eh andon na sa embassy...hehehe... ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ siguro pag kaya namn mag-english ok na kahit balu-baluktot pero pag di tlga maka-english bka nga... ^_^;)

Fixers are full of IT. :bonk: They use different tactics to scare people in to using their services para manloko at magkapera. :bonk:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

Fixers are full of IT. :bonk: They use different tactics to scare people in to using their services para manloko at magkapera. :bonk:

i totally agree :thumbs: i don't think language and especially the age gap is an issue. my fiance is 20 years older than me but i don't think that will be an issue on my interview as long as we will prove that it is a true relationship. the more evidence the better :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Certain situations do trigger more scrutiny. For instance, a young Filipina marrying an invalid, or impaired individual. Another flag seems to be coming from, or working in certain areas. Any indication of a prior marriage is something they look for as well.

So are photo copies of financial items ok to use?

Photocopies are sufficient unless originals are specifically requested. Originals may be needed for verification of the copies only.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.