Nancy224

submitted copies instead of originals ??

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

i read on the i-129f instructions that originals are no longer needed unless asked for so i made copies of everything and sent it including the i-129f and the G-325? would i get a RFE for having copies instead of original signatures? and also i used my mothers married name instead of her maiden name and since me and her have the same birthday i by mistake but in the year i was born instead of hers ughhhhh

should i send a correction before they even ask for it? or should i just wait? i just dont want that to delay the process.

help plzzzzzzz :unsure:

Nancy,

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

you should probably wait. Did you got an NOA1? or you have just sent it? you shouldn't really panic about it...its already sent. If you dont have a case number,there is no way for them to know for which case are you sending additional documents (unless required by them.). I have had the unfortunate case of getting RFE for my AOS and they specifically say "sent only what you are asked for" and give us some time to process it.

I hoped this helped.

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Copies are fine for the I-129F. You should send the originals especially evidence of relationship and meeting to your fiance and keep a copy of it for yourself.

The other mistakes depend on whether they catch it or not, and probably how serious they think they are.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

i discovered my mistakes the day after i sent it so no i dont have my noa1 yet.

i guess it all depends on who is reviewing my paper after all. ill wait and see from all the timelines i have looked at RFE seemed to be processed pretty fast so ill have everything ready in case they ask for it. this whole process is just overwhelming and lawyers are just too expansive.

if anyone else has similar experiences plz let me know what u think ?

and thanks for the previous replies

Timeline

I made a mistake on my I 129F and realize it after i sent it, I waited 5 months then i got an RFE which was processed in 2 weeks...I figured I waited for 5 months whats two weeks...they process RFEs fast if its a simple mistake, don't worry even though they tell you up to 60 days RFE return derision, most get an approval after two weeks from sending an RFE...

Good luck..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.