DanKorn

AOS RFE I-131 Travel Document

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

If anyone can help please let me know.

I recieved a RFE for Evidence of Advanced Parole stating:

"Evidence of record indicates that you filed your Form I-485 on August 12, 2010. However, the record also reflects that you leeft the United States and came back on December 17, 2010, subsequent to your filing of the I-485. To continue to be eligible for the pending I-485, you are required to submit a copy of your approval notice (Notice of Action, Form I-797) for Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. Otherwise, you are required to submit a valid advanced parole for your last entry to the United States."

I have an I-797 for receipt of the application for form I-131, but never received an I-797 with an approval, but I do have am I-512-L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien Into the United States with a stamp from the arrival back into the country.

I called USCIS and they just told me to call a lawyer for what for to send. I assume that I should just send both because I feel theat the I-512-L is the 'valid advanced parole for your last entry to the United States".

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

If your Advance Parole was not approved and in your hand when you left the country, then you automatically abandoned your AOS application. Proof that you are currently in the country will not be enough to continue with processing. Time for a lawyer. Good luck.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

If your Advance Parole was not approved and in your hand when you left the country, then you automatically abandoned your AOS application. Proof that you are currently in the country will not be enough to continue with processing. Time for a lawyer. Good luck.

Harpa,

Thanks for the input.

Just a clarification:

Advance Parole was approved and in my hand when leaving the country. It is just the document that it was approved on was I-512-L, not I-797.

Believe me, we did not abandon the AOS.

Harpa,

Thanks for the input.

Just a clarification:

Advance Parole was approved and in my hand when leaving the country. It is just the document that it was approved on was I-512-L, not I-797.

Believe me, we did not abandon the AOS.

Ahh, I see. Sorry, I was confused about this part of your first post:

I have an I-797 for receipt of the application for form I-131, but never received an I-797 with an approval, but I do have am I-512-L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien Into the United States with a stamp from the arrival back into the country.

I thought that it was not approved, but you had received some sort of humanitarian parole or something when you returned. My mistake.

Anyway, yes, the I-512 -L is good. I would also make a little timeline that shows I-131 approval and when you left country - showing that it was approved before you left. I would send a photocopy and highlight the date it was approved. Something is definitely weird here though - you would think they would have access to the documents that they approved themselves...

Anyway, good luck. Sorry to sidetrack you there :)

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.