truckers_wife

Parents Marriage Certiificate

9 posts in this topic

hi everybody..

i will be petitioning my mom and dad as soon as i become a citizen..had my naturalization test schedule for next month...and ive been studying/researching all the procedures :)..but we just found out today that the date of my parents MC is different of my BC...

on my BC it was dated NOV 26,1983 which is the right date,but for some reason their MC was dated NOV 29,1983..so now im confuse if which one im gonna use...

please give me some info or advise..thank you

Parents Journey

06/02/11 - I-130 sent

06/10/11 - check cashed

06/13/11 - NOA1 recieved(priority date 6/06/11)

09/22/11 -PETITION APPROVED(TNX GOD)

----------NVC-------------

10/18/11 -Case number assigned both Parents

10/19/11-Got IIN and emailed DS-3032

10/20/11-Pay AOS and IV

10/22/11 -AOS&IV Showed PAID

11/04/11 -Send I-864 and DS-230

11/10/11 -Recieved email from nvc case complete and got parents interview date-DEC 28,2011

11/21/11 -St lukes medical

11/22/11 -Dad medical complete(pass)

-Mom medical complete(pass) THANK YOU GOD

12/28/11 -INTERVIEW

01/05/12 -Visa recieved

03/02/12 -Mom and Dad arrival detroit michigan(EXCITED)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi everybody..

i will be petitioning my mom and dad as soon as i become a citizen..had my naturalization test schedule for next month...and ive been studying/researching all the procedures :)..but we just found out today that the date of my parents MC is different of my BC...

on my BC it was dated NOV 26,1983 which is the right date,but for some reason their MC was dated NOV 29,1983..so now im confuse if which one im gonna use...

Welcome to Visa Journey....

you use the one that you know is true/correct and provide supporting evidence.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everybody..

IMHO, your parents MC date might be the correct one. When you were born, I don't think they carried their MC with them and probably just rembembered NOV 2x, 1983. Look at their wedding pictures, it should have date on them that would give you some idea.

However, look at this document. http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/ra9048.html

Republic of the Philippines - Republic Act No. 9048

Snippet:

SECTION 1. Authority to Correct Clerical or Typographical Error and Change of First Name or Nickname � No entry in a civil register shall be changed or corrected without a judicial order, except for clerical or typographical errors and change of first name or nickname which can be corrected or changed by the concerned city or municipal civil registrar or consul general in accordance with the provisions of this Act and its implementing rules and regulations.

SECTION 2. Definition of Terms � As used in this Act, the following terms shall mean:

(1) "City or Municipal civil registrar" refers to the head of the local civil registry office of the city or municipality, as the case may be, who is appointed as such by the city or municipal mayor in accordance with the provisions of existing laws.

(2) "Petitioner" refers to a natural person filing the petition and who has direct and personal interest in the correction of a clerical or typographical error in an entry or change of first name or nickname in the civil register.

(3) "Clerical or typographical error" refers to a mistake committed in the performance of clerical work in writing, copying, transcribing or typing an entry in the civil register that is harmless and innocuous, such as misspelled name or misspelled place of birth or the like, which is visible to the eyes or obvious to the understanding, and can be corrected or changed only by reference to other existing record or records: Provided, however, That no correction must involve the change of nationality, age, status or sex of the petitioner.

-----------

The incorrect date on your BC or their MC, might be considered "Clerical or typographical error". Verify first which date is correct and if possible print this document when they go to the local Civil Registrar to make the correction. If the local Civil Registrar won't change it then it will a court order to change it.

Edited by Haarp425

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

oh its really a mess..coz according of my mom they registered nov 29 which is the date on their MC but the wedding ceremony was NOV 26 coz the judge is not available that day..grrrrr..so thats why they use the NOV 26 to registered all of our BC..but the NSO MC record it was NOV 29...

well i guess i dont have any choice than to change the error..but one thing i hate is it tooks forever to change even just one error in the philippines..sad but its really true :( ...

Parents Journey

06/02/11 - I-130 sent

06/10/11 - check cashed

10/20/11-Pay AOS and IV

11/10/11 -Recieved email from nvc case complete and got parents interview date-DEC 28,2011

12/28/11 -INTERVIEW

01/05/12 -Visa recieved

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

oh its really a mess..coz according of my mom they registered nov 29 which is the date on their MC but the wedding ceremony was NOV 26 coz the judge is not available that day..grrrrr..so thats why they use the NOV 26 to registered all of our BC..but the NSO MC record it was NOV 29...

well i guess i dont have any choice than to change the error..but one thing i hate is it tooks forever to change even just one error in the philippines..sad but its really true :( ...

you're right...changing/correcting an error on BC here in our country seems like forever...but you can start now.

in my case i filed RA9048 for clerical error at LCR, it took almost four months for me from gathering all necessary documents and then monitor the whereabouts of my petition, now im waiting for my SECPA from NSO, almost finish, my husband filed petition also for correction on his BC and it has to go to court...we are stil waiting for the court decission..its been 2 months now, the cost? expensive....whichever, im just giving you some insights...

you're right...changing/correcting an error on BC here in our country seems like forever...but you can start now.

in my case i filed RA9048 for clerical error at LCR, it took almost four months for me from gathering all necessary documents and then monitor the whereabouts of my petition, now im waiting for my SECPA from NSO, almost finish, my husband filed petition also for correction on his BC and it has to go to court...we are stil waiting for the court decission..its been 2 months now, the cost? expensive....whichever, im just giving you some insights...

yup its crazy..actually were still waiting on my moms BC to be done.its already approved..from dvo she went to cebu to file the petition coz its a little bit faster..so imagine the cost and until now her BC is not corrected yet at the NSO.we filled last nov...and heres another issue again,my mind want to explode after i knoaw the error again,coz i dont think so that its really expensive to change this time but just the time that i worried and im in the hurry to get them so that they can petition my brother before he turn 21..grrrrr..its very crazy...it sounds like its very common to the filipino people to have an issue/error on their document(BC & etc? :(

Parents Journey

06/02/11 - I-130 sent

06/10/11 - check cashed

10/20/11-Pay AOS and IV

12/28/11 -INTERVIEW

01/05/12 -Visa recieved

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everybody..

hi; in my opinion, i think use the date in their MC from the NSO .Many birth cert. in phil have some clerical errors.Some birth certificates you will find dates of their parents marriage but actually the child is illegitimate and parents were never married.These things are being considered and corrected when they submit the CENOMAR from NSO that the parent was not actually married.Same as your case. When You present the Marriage Certificate of you parents from the NSO,They will consider the date tht was written there.

hope this helps..

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everybody..

hi; in my opinion, i think use the date in their MC from the NSO .Many birth cert. in phil have some clerical errors.Some birth certificates you will find dates of their parents marriage but actually the child is illegitimate and parents were never married.These things are being considered and corrected when they submit the CENOMAR from NSO that the parent was not actually married.Same as your case. When You present the Marriage Certificate of you parents from the NSO,They will consider the date tht was written there.

hope this helps.. (If the error is about the identity like name, date of birth, sex,citizenship, that's a different story, that has to be corrected).In your case, it is the date of marriage of you parents, so the marriage certificate will show to them it's the true and correct date.

hope this helps.. (If the error is about the identity like name, date of birth, sex,citizenship, that's a different story, that has to be corrected).In your case, it is the date of marriage of you parents, so the marriage certificate will show to them it's the true and correct date.

ok thats what im gonna do :)..thank you

Parents Journey

06/02/11 - I-130 sent

06/10/11 - check cashed

10/20/11-Pay AOS and IV

12/28/11 -INTERVIEW

01/05/12 -Visa recieved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.