Onituan

First interview for mom filed I-130 and I-485

5 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Make she brings all required documents for her interview.

Go with her for moral support knowing that you are nearby.

Is she fluent in English and can understand American accent well? If not, she may need a translator. I think a relative or a friend will not be accepted as a translator by USCIS.

I think most questions are in the application form itself.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yo hice lo mismo para mi mama. Como yo la "pedi" yo fui con ella y como ella no habla ingles, yo fui la traductuctora... Las preguntas son basicamente las mismas que te hacen en una de las formas (no recuerdo cual) has sido traficante? vas a ser poligama? has tenido vinculos con comunismo?... son algunas de las que recuerdo. Mi esposo era el sponsor y tambien fue... pero no lo dejaron entrar jeje! Creo que tu debes ir con ella, o si no puedes, solicitar un traductor para su cita. Nosotras no tuvimos muchos problemas, solo le tomaron sus huellas dos veces. Despues llego su permiso de trabajo y en Enero recibio su Legal Permanent Resident card. En total todo el proceso fueron 4 meses de Septiembre a Enero!! Buena suerte...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am not able to understand your reply but here's the translation of what you have typed for others to read in English.

=========================

I did the same for my mom. As I "I asked" I went with her and as she does not speak English, I was the traductuctora ... The questions are basically the same as you do in one way (can not remember which) has been dealer? going to be polygamous? have had links with communism? ... are some that I remember. My husband was the sponsor and also was ... but refused to let him lol! I think you should go with her, or if you can not request an interpreter for your appointment. We did not have many problems, it only took their fingerprints twice. Then came his work permit in January and received his Legal Permanent Resident card. In total the whole process was four months from September to January! Good luck ...

Edited by Haarp425

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am not able to understand your reply but here's the translation of what you have typed for others to read in English. THAT WAS A FEARLY GOOD TRANSLATION, HERE ARE SOME CHANGES I WOULD MAKE.

I did the same for my mom. As I "PETITIONED HER" I went with her TO THE APPOINTMENT and as she does not speak English, I was the TRANSLATOR ... The questions are basically the same THAT YOU FILL OUT in THE FORM (can not remember which) HAVE YOU BEEN been A DRUG dealer? ARE YOU going to be polygamist? have YOU had links with A communIST PARTY? ... THOSE are some that I remember. My husband was the sponsor and HE also WENT WITH US FOR SUPORT ... but THE OFFICIAL DIDN'T THINK IT WAS NECESSARY FOR HIM TO GET IN... HE HAD TO WAIT OUTSIDE lol! I think you should go with her, or if you can not, YOU SHOULD request an interpreter for your appointment (IF SHE DOESNT SPEAK ENGLISH). We did not have many problems, THEY HAD TO TAKE HER fingerprints twice THAT WAS ABOUT IT. Then came HER work permit, AND in January WE received HER Legal Permanent Resident card. In total the whole process was four months from September to January! Good luck ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.