iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@ronnie28 thanks. Please share with us if there's any update on your case.have a lovely weekend.

Your welcome! Yes i will definitely share it if theres an update. Have a great weekend too!

@leejy91 no update yet, I don't understand why they will keep people on AP for long, if the embassy are short of staff they should hire more people to work,instead of putting us on AP forever.

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I had an interview on Sept 12th in Montreal, was approved, was not given a 221(g), and was told to expect my passport in 2 weeks. It's been over a month and have not received anything. My status update date updated on the day of the interview, and has since updated every time I've e-mailed the embassy. However, on Sunday (yesterday), it updated again and this time I did not send an e-mail. The status still says "Ready" (for interview), but I did not send an e-mail or contact the embassy this time? I know that a status update date generally means that the file has been touched... but should I read more into it as this time I did not e-mail the embassy?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Adam, I have read this from the previous post. If your going to back read this forum you'll find out. From what I have read, this means that they are working on your case. check back tonight or tomorrow or the next couple of days and you'll see it will be changed as issued.

Edited by ronnie28

Adam, I have read this from the previous post. If your going to back read this forum you'll find out. From what I have read, this means that they are working on your case. check back tonight or tomorrow or the next couple of days and you'll see it will be changed as issued.

Hi Ronnie - thank you for your reply. I hope you are right and that the status changes soon. This process is long and at times unclear.

Sorry to bother you with this again Ronnie, but my status did not change today like I had hoped. Based on your readings, after how long does it change from Ready to Issued in a situation such as mine? My status update date changed yesterday (sunday) BUT everything else stayed the same. Case still says "ready" for interview. Is it likely that it will be issued soon?...Or am I getting my hopes up for nothing? Any input would really be appreciated. Thank you again. :)

It varies, others have changed their status over few hours, others took 1 to 3 days. Yours is definitely a good sign as you are approved on your interview.

Thank you so much ronnie28. I will continue to check for updates and will follow up if there's anything new :) thanks again!

Edited by Adam Smith

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.