iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Id also like to know if mshp was doing the CR1 or K1? Im hoping its not the CR1 because Im already on week 7 and that would mean that this waiting process could go on for another month or more. :(

Our visa was CR1, I did not miss any doc. but my husband was from one the country which is in a list the US has a bit problem with them. anyways, the longest time an US embassy can let you wait to answer you, is 90 days, if they don't answer you in this time frame your attorney can sue them which is expensive process, embassy know it and won't let it pass the time. I contact my state senator and I feel he was the reason they gave my husband's visa, unfortunately lawyers can do nothing in this part of process. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our visa was CR1, I did not miss any doc. but my husband was from one the country which is in a list the US has a bit problem with them. anyways, the longest time an US embassy can let you wait to answer you, is 90 days, if they don't answer you in this time frame your attorney can sue them which is expensive process, embassy know it and won't let it pass the time. I contact my state senator and I feel he was the reason they gave my husband's visa, unfortunately lawyers can do nothing in this part of process. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

We're on day 49 of our wait now...I am hoping it doesnt get to the 90 days :( My husband sent the form into his senator today. I am hoping we hear back from them soon.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We're on day 49 of our wait now...I am hoping it doesnt get to the 90 days :( My husband sent the form into his senator today. I am hoping we hear back from them soon.

Good Luck honey, don't lose your faith, it might take a bit longer but will end happily. Wish The Best! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I had my interview on September 22 and my immigrant visa was approved on that day. My CEAC status changed to administrative processing on the 23rd, and it remains as AP till today. I'm so worried as it stays under AP for 3 business days now and it seems that the status date was updated daily as I checked it frequently everyday. Is this normal and anyoneis on the same boat? Thanks guys!

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I had my interview on September 22 and my immigrant visa was approved on that day. My CEAC status changed to administrative processing on the 23rd, and it remains as AP till today. I'm so worried as it stays under AP for 3 business days now and it seems that the status date was updated daily as I checked it frequently everyday. Is this normal and anyoneis on the same boat? Thanks guys!

Maybe read the rest of the thread? Sounds like you're freaking out over nothing...

Timeline

Week 9, waiting for my passport from the Montreal Consulate guys. Already contacted my husbands local senator and they said 2 to 4 weeks to hear anything from montreal. ugh.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everybody!

I have a general question, and I'm trying to reach out to see if there is anybody else in the same boat. I had my interview at the MTL consulate on Sept 21, and there have been absolutely no updates to my case since then- no notification about it being in AP, no additional requests for any other documentation. I'm trying to remain patience, but this process has spread me thin.

Has anyone gone weeks since their interview without ever getting any updates? How long did your process take after your interview?

Timeline

Hey everybody!

I have a general question, and I'm trying to reach out to see if there is anybody else in the same boat. I had my interview at the MTL consulate on Sept 21, and there have been absolutely no updates to my case since then- no notification about it being in AP, no additional requests for any other documentation. I'm trying to remain patience, but this process has spread me thin.

Has anyone gone weeks since their interview without ever getting any updates? How long did your process take after your interview?

Hello

I had a interview 29,Sep.My status was AP till 5,Oct but It has changed as Issued on 6,Oct.

Timeline

We had our K-1 Visa Interview on and were approved October 2nd. Our status on CEAC changed from ready to issued on October 6th. We got an email from Loomis a couple of hours ago giving us a waybill number, then about an hour later another email saying the visa is ready for pick up (October 8th). So in total 5 business days not counting the weekend.

Shaun (USA) & Stephanie (Canada)

● First met online: 2008
● First visit (and first date): August 2009
● Engaged: January 1st 2014
● I-129F sent: April 15th 2015
● NOA1: April 22nd 2015

● NOA2: May 27th 2015

● NVC Received: July 1st 2015

● Consulate Received: July 8th 2015

● Packet 3 Sent: July 13th 2015

● Packet 4 Received: August 18th 2015

● Interview Date: October 2nd 2015 - APPROVED!

Visa Received: October 9th 2015

Border Crossed: October 15th 2015

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Anyone that had an interview around/after October 16 still waiting for their passport or in AP? :( I'm starting to get a little nervous...even though it's still normal processing time, reading all of the horror stories had made me anxious >.<

We had our interview Friday, Oct. 16, and our status changed to AP on the 19th (following Monday). I guess that's a good sign-ish? sigh....

Timeline

Interview Oct 7, was approved. CEAC still says ready to schedule interview.

Edited by Tater&Bugger

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Timeline

Week 9, waiting for my passport from the Montreal Consulate guys. Already contacted my husbands local senator and they said 2 to 4 weeks to hear anything from montreal. ugh.

HI Priya did you hear anything from them?

Timeline

HI Priya did you hear anything from them?

We received a letter via his senator saying that all our paperwork is fine and there is no issue with anything we sent. Some of the paper work is still going through administrative processing though.

Basically, they just told us to chill out and wait.

There is another member on this board who is in the same situation as I am. They had the exact same interview date, passed the interview and have been told they are still in Administrative Processing. Its been 13 weeks now. Ugh,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.