~Laura and Nick~

I changed my address....

21 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I received it today...and the funny part is we will be moving in the next 2 weeks and we dont have an address yet :wacko::blink: (we will be house hunting :whistle: ). We are suppose to file May 5th...so go figure!! We thought we will use a friend address until we get the address and then change it again B-) ...my husband just got out of the military, so we do move ALOT :crying:

I hope things go smoothly...

good luck to everyone :innocent:

- Delivered to VSC 05/09/11

- NOA receipt date 05/09/11

- Check cashed 05/12/11

- Biometrics letter in the mail 06/02/11

- Biometrics appointment 06/17/11

- Approved 01/27/12

I am a little worried (okay, terrified) because I failed to understand that we were supposed to report change of address within 10 days of move. We moved to a new address right after POE which was in 2009 and as I am preparing for next step (lifting conditions)to send paperwork in September of this year, I just now read this change of address deal!!!! We have received all correspondence on my parents address which we used on all forms in the past.

I quickly submitted AR-11 online just now and will mail I-865 tomorrow, but I am terrified because it says failure to report address change withing 10 days is in violation of my husband's visa conditions :((

I was thinking of including a letter with I-865 to show good faith, my husband's drivers license and all documents are issued for the new address, but I am still terrified of consequnces that we did not report the change of address on time.

Has anyone had any problems with this? It says consequence can be deportation !!?!? or fine.

Help! Anyone else got caught up in finally living together and just forgot about reporting new address? Tell me we will be fine?

So just as an FYI for anyone else who happens to forget to report change of address:

I ended up filling out AR-11 and sending in I-865 and a letter explaining our situation.

Got a NOA today where they acknowledge address change for both our permanent and mailing address, so doesn't look like this scary part about deportation is something we should be worried about.

Good luck everyone!

12/05/11.......................Filed I-751

12/06/11.......................NOA

01/03/12......................BIO

09/10/12..................... Approved

09/21/12..................... Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, I am on the same boat. I just did my AR11 and about to send I-865. We moved to our new permanent address May of 2009 (I am way overdue to notify them). But I have read positive feedback that there is nothing to worry about. So hang in there, I think we're all in the right track.

I just want to clarify this before I send my I-865, is this still updated?

Where to File I-865 :

If you new address is in Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, mail the notice to:

USCIS - Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Weldon Street

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

If you new address is in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Texas, mail the notice to:

USCIS - Texas Service Center

PO Box 851804

Mesquite, TX 75185-1804

If your new address is in Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, or Nevada, mail the notice to:

USCIS - California Service Center

PO Box 10485

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0485

If you live anywhere else in the United States, mail the notice to:

USCIS - Nebraska Service Center

PO Box 87485

Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

Thanks everyone.

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

II Corinthians 5:7

- Delivered to VSC 05/09/11

- NOA receipt date 05/09/11

- Check cashed 05/12/11

- Biometrics letter in the mail 06/02/11

- Biometrics appointment 06/17/11

- Approved 01/27/12

Hi guys, I am on the same boat. I just did my AR11 and about to send I-865. We moved to our new permanent address May of 2009 (I am way overdue to notify them). But I have read positive feedback that there is nothing to worry about. So hang in there, I think we're all in the right track.

I just want to clarify this before I send my I-865, is this still updated?

Where to File I-865 :

If you new address is in Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, mail the notice to:

USCIS - Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Weldon Street

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

If you new address is in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Texas, mail the notice to:

USCIS - Texas Service Center

PO Box 851804

Mesquite, TX 75185-1804

If your new address is in Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, or Nevada, mail the notice to:

USCIS - California Service Center

PO Box 10485

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0485

If you live anywhere else in the United States, mail the notice to:

USCIS - Nebraska Service Center

PO Box 87485

Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

Thanks everyone.

Same info I used and received NOA that they updated my address, so looks like this IS the updated info.

12/05/11.......................Filed I-751

12/06/11.......................NOA

01/03/12......................BIO

09/10/12..................... Approved

09/21/12..................... Received GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.