Neoalissa

Next step missing??

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got Approval Feb 2, they sent mail to my fiancee in the US saying they were gonna send me mail telling me what to do next. Nothing yet and I do not know who to call. They gave us a Montreal looking case number but our consulate is Toronto. ( says Toronto under consulate on NOA) Who do i phone?? Need the medical then the interview date.....This whole process has been taking all year im gonna cry. We filed in May 2010.

Your consulate is not Toronto. You likely put Toronto on your form because you were not aware that only Montreal and Vancouver actually process K1 visas. So your consulate is Montreal. Have you called DOS and asked if they received your case and if it's been sent to Montreal yet? Montreal should have sent a Packet 3 full of forms to return to them before you can book an interview or medical exam. I'm unsure as to how you were just approved on February 2nd and yet you filed in May 2010?

Timeline

My Uncle had his interview in Toronto. Toronto is 2 hours away while Montreal is 10 hours. I sure hope we don't have to go that far. On the paper i have it says Receipt date May 28, 2010. then says Valid from 02/02/2011 to 06/01/2011. I dont believe it either, but its true.

What is DOS? What is the number. Trying to find a number to call but I am having no luck...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Department of State -- National Visa Center. Call them. There will be a new case number with them. Plus it will be shipped via DHL. The embassy will send you the information.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

My Uncle had his interview in Toronto. Toronto is 2 hours away while Montreal is 10 hours. I sure hope we don't have to go that far. On the paper i have it says Receipt date May 28, 2010. then says Valid from 02/02/2011 to 06/01/2011. I dont believe it either, but its true.

What is DOS? What is the number. Trying to find a number to call but I am having no luck...

You DO have to go that far, sorry to say. Montreal and Vancouver are the only options for K1 interviews. If you filed in May, why did it take you 9 months for an NOA2?! That is ridiculously long. What happened during those 9 months? Did you ever call anyone to ask about the status of your case?

Edited by Coconuts

Timeline

Our NOA2 also says Toronto, and I'm just in Niagara, but all K1s are processed in Montreal (or Vancouver). There are no exceptions.

The validity period is just to make sure you guys keep up your end of the responsibilities - it's auto-extended all the time, as long as the consulate has heard something from you.

This handy link has the DOS number and the NVC too. Call the NVC first, give them your WAC/EAC number on your NOA2, and they'll give you your new MTL number. With that, you can call the DOS and ask them whether the consulate has sent you Packet 3, whether you're allowed to book an interview, etc. They are *usually* very informative about what you need to do next.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Timeline

Our NOA2 also says Toronto, and I'm just in Niagara, but all K1s are processed in Montreal (or Vancouver). There are no exceptions.

The validity period is just to make sure you guys keep up your end of the responsibilities - it's auto-extended all the time, as long as the consulate has heard something from you.

This handy link has the DOS number and the NVC too. Call the NVC first, give them your WAC/EAC number on your NOA2, and they'll give you your new MTL number. With that, you can call the DOS and ask them whether the consulate has sent you Packet 3, whether you're allowed to book an interview, etc. They are *usually* very informative about what you need to do next.

Thanks a bunch :)

We didnt hear anything for 4 months other then they got our money. I called them and they said they have it and I have to be patient...7 months goes by and we get mail saying they want more evidence..Hes out in North Dakota and comes here every other month on his week off from the rig. He is like 25 hours away...2 months go by, we didnt have passport stamps but we have pictures and bank statements showing his card was used here which was enough because we got the acceptance letter in Feb. Now waiting again. Its just our luck i swear! I emailed Montreal and it says it could be up to 2 week wait for a reply...gonna phone tomorrow and see if i can get someone too. I Think this is just insane. I miss him so much and our Daughter does too.

Timeline

Calling Montreal is futile - they no longer staff their phones at all, nor do they accept faxes. Email is your best bet, but the DoS is even better because they do know just what Montreal has done regarding your case.

Unfortunately, everyone is waiting ages for stuff to get through their mail room :( It's very terrible.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.