3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Monday VJ family, I have a question. I sumitted a I-130 package on 2/26/11 for my step -son with a plea of expedite. In the package I enclosed a copy of my husband's approved I-130. The USCIS has recieved the package, and I also recieved the notice of action as well. My question is;how long does this process tak since I requested an expedite? I followed all the instructions from VJ members: Darnell & Ricardo. For those of you who don't remember my case. I originally filed under the old K-3/K-4 method, which is no longer an option. So the i-130 was approved for my husband on 12/30/10, so , additionally I had to file aseparate petition for my step-son, Because he does not have devration stauts with his father.So, basically my husband's petiton is already at the NVC waiting for our little our son to get approved.My reason for asking is because I told that request for expedite can get approved in as little as 14days. besides, dad is already approved,they have checked me our, and what more info do you need on a 4 year old. :innocent:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Monday VJ family, I have a question. I sumitted a I-130 package on 2/26/11 for my step -son with a plea of expedite. In the package I enclosed a copy of my husband's approved I-130. The USCIS has recieved the package, and I also recieved the notice of action as well. My question is;how long does this process tak since I requested an expedite? I followed all the instructions from VJ members: Darnell & Ricardo. and what more info do you need on a 4 year old. :innocent:

So you sent a letter that is good - US Immigration requires a follow up so what I would do if I was in your case if to call them up and provide the case number. High chances are you will need to escalate to a sensible human AND ask if the case was expedited .. if they say no.. then tell them you would like to request expedition of your case and they may require you send in the supporting evidence. The process is an email is sent to the petitioner about 4-10 days after the request is submitted if the REQUEST is approved/denied/require more evidence. IF approved an approved case typically follow within 1-2 weeks after the expedited request was made.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay Ricardo thanks for getting back to me. I also sent the info over to my congressman's office, so I was trying to wait to give them time,but I think I will make a call now because the noa date is 3/11/11, so if they approved the expedite I should be hearing something. U know it's really simple too...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.