Kish.2328

How do you cope with missing someone?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used to work in a call center so I really don't miss him a lot (he was my bf that time) since we have an opposite time. AM here and PM there and vice versa.

I was all confident that I can get through all this bureaucratic process without any feeling of frustration. But I was totally wrong. After we got married, we had 2 days honeymoon only (that sucks) because of limited leave. Then it all begun, 2 days after he was in US, i started feeling empty. I CERTAINLY CAN'T HANDLE BEING ALONE ANYMORE. Its different when you barely got married and he suddenly left. I was crying all night and day. I cant even concentrate at work due to my depression. He made me stop work and stay at home. Things got worst because I am left with nothing to do but watch tv and surf the net. :whistle:

I coping mechanism to this boredom and depression is my family. I talk to them and laugh with them. I take them out to eat and spend the day off. At the end of the day, it's him that I am thinking again. This whole process is killing both of us. We argue about non-sense things like hushbrowns, ATM not ATM Machine coz it's redundant, not saying good morning on the onset of the call, not saying I love you in the most sweetest way at the end of the call, static line and all sorts of small things on earth. Out of frustrations, most of the time we argue. We know we love each other so much and we cant afford to lose one another. :crying:

:crying: Crying on the phone helps me release the tension and the frustration off our heads. We talked on yahoo messenger and on facebook and we plan our future together. Planning ahead makes us forget that we're thousand of miles apart for awhile. And at the end of the day, it's still the love we're sharing that grows stronger throughout this rough time. (L)

I wholeheartedly feel your pain :cry:

5/16/2011 | I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

5/18/2011 | Package received at Lockbox

5/18/2011 | NOA1

5/24/2011 | Received email and text notifications

5/25/2011 | Check cashed

5/27/2011 | NOA1 Hardcopy

9/15/2011 | NOA2 approved

11/2/2011 | Interview - rescheduled to 11/7

11/7/2011 | Interview in Manilla..... VISA APPROVED!!!

11/16/2011 | Visa ON HAND !!!

12/1/2011 | Get to be with my Lordy :D

12/2/2011 | My Birthday :P

12/31/2011 | Married!!!

03/1/2012 | Visa expired :(

03/7/2012 | AOS, I-765, I-131 submitted

3/16/2012 | NOA1

04/9/2012 | Biometric

Aside from the stress of waiting for our NOA2 and the fact that we don't know if it'll be approve or not sucks. (although yeah I know I have to wait more since I am just a weeks old lol)

What hurts more is that we keep missing our loved ones so much that everyday its getting harder and harder. I know all of us here are all away with our beloved. That if only there's this magic pill which we can take and make us sleep for 4-6 months straight then I'd rather take it and just woke up with the visa on hand and our beloved right there waiting for us to pick us up at the airport. lol :wacko:

I miss him a lot, I do, so much. We stay in touch by phone and email daily as much as possible. That helps tremendously, just being able to hear his voice, or hear him laugh...to be able to envision his face and the flash in his eyes because I hear the smile in his voice. Although there's still a part of me that ache cos I keep longing for his hugs and kisses and I just miss every single thing about him. Its driving me crazy I swear, but I have to be strong. I can deal with this though and I know this distance will only make our bond and love more stronger than ever. Just gotta have to keep that love alive always, the trust, the respect and above all, the faith.

How about you? How do you cope up missing your loved one 6,000 miles away?

sadly there's no easy way to ease the torturous process of being away with someone you love. I feel for you, most of us who are here been in your shoe once or still is..a day seems to be a week, a month, a year...feels like eternity of waiting but just tighten your grip and keep the communication ALWAYS OPEN...there's a great prize for those who wait :)

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes, there are many things I hope and wish for. Waiting is just awful sometimes. We all see the pain and torture we all go through. And the anguish at times not being able to help during the long distance from each other. My fiance and I talk every day. Faithfully. We never miss a day unless there is some reason. We see each other on video and talk much about all that is going on. Sometimes we talk on little things, sometimes on major things. Sometimes it is just those things we see in each others eyes through the camera. It is very hard for us to talk on the phone or through internet voice. Her area has very slow connection to internet. Sometimes we count it just a blessing to chat.

Being together this last weekend. All we have done is spend time together watching TV in the hotel room, eating and "lambing".... how I miss her so much.... I am hoping soon she will be coming to America.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

yes, there are many things I hope and wish for. Waiting is just awful sometimes. We all see the pain and torture we all go through. And the anguish at times not being able to help during the long distance from each other. My fiance and I talk every day. Faithfully. We never miss a day unless there is some reason. We see each other on video and talk much about all that is going on. Sometimes we talk on little things, sometimes on major things. Sometimes it is just those things we see in each others eyes through the camera. It is very hard for us to talk on the phone or through internet voice. Her area has very slow connection to internet. Sometimes we count it just a blessing to chat.

Being together this last weekend. All we have done is spend time together watching TV in the hotel room, eating and "lambing".... how I miss her so much.... I am hoping soon she will be coming to America.

I hear you Darren!Im with you Bro! same thing! Talk everyday on yahoo Video!I MISS HER and sje MISS ME! You right the waiting is the hard part.But you and me and other Vjers will get through this.we have to have patience which is easy to say.We here for each other bro! Glad you had a good time there.Stay up Man,Im trying to be also!

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

When my wife and I were apart I had a hard time waiting for her too. So then I discovered that the aching in heart of being apart was reduced quite a bit when I got busy doing things for when she was here with me in person. I bought bedroom furniture and sanded and painted it in the colors she wanted. I would shop for clothes for when she came here. I bought her a beautiful winter coat in the middle of summer, complete with hats and scarves she would one day where, and hung it in the closet waiting for her to wear them. I made her a key chain with bead work with her nickname in it, with a red heart where the "O" should go. I made list after list of things I had to do in preperation of her coming, and always had something to work on whenever I missed her so much. I just kept very, very busy dong the things I wanted to do for when she was here with me. That is how I coped.

Brian in Tennessee

Timeline

yes, I have a house and stay very busy working on it. Always cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Lots of things to do. But somedays you just can't help but miss someone, also at night, when you are still and resting from the day. I haven't bought bedroom furniture eyt, or furniture for other parts of the house. I have been in an empty house since my ex left me. However, the rooms being empty just give me more area to play in with the kids. Once my fiance comes to america we are going to shop for furntiure, get what we want... In time we will have things we want. Plus I did buy some clothes and take for her to try on. I know he dress size now, but jeans, and shorts are a toss up. As for costs, well I am not sure how "heavy" a coat she will need in Phoenix. My biggest worry is the adjustment. She will be "cold" until she adjusts to the lack of humidity. All I know is I hope the next visit is in a few weeks from now with the approvals. It has been a long time for the visit now. I realize I should have planned the visit I made now weeks ago instead of last minute so I could stay longer. But I am hoping for NOA2 soon, which means 2 months until Manila, and 3 months until in the US with me. All told, the better part of 200 days. And almost 300 days from first meeting. Hard to believe that by November I will be married to her. But am very very very happy for it. Every time I ask her when I am here: will you marry me? she replies yes, yes, yes, aa thousand times yes. Also I wear her ring in a necklace near to my heart, since it will not fit on my finger. Also, I wear the engagement ring she put on my finger during the party. She wears the engagement ring I gave her and now she wears the promise ring, I brought to her from America. (she will not let me take it back to re-size.) Also, her parents only spent a few pesos on their wedding rings. I am trying to see rates back then to compare to american costs. But the fact is they live a very, very simple life. If I became a businessman in their village, they would be happy for me to stay there. the problem is with my children. I do nto want to abandon them. Maybe when I go to pick her up, my ex will let me take them along for the trip.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

For those without a computer or high-speed internet at home, my fiancee and I use America Calls Us (www.americacalls.us) It's $40 a month for unlimited calling. They sent my fiancee a phone sim and gave me a local number to call. We talk for 2-4 hours a day. Their customer service is great too. Of course this only works if you're a caller in the U.S. I'm so glad I found them as I got tired of going through $20 every couple of days for calling cards!

Hope it helps!

Aside from the stress of waiting for our NOA2 and the fact that we don't know if it'll be approve or not sucks. (although yeah I know I have to wait more since I am just a weeks old lol)

What hurts more is that we keep missing our loved ones so much that everyday its getting harder and harder. I know all of us here are all away with our beloved. That if only there's this magic pill which we can take and make us sleep for 4-6 months straight then I'd rather take it and just woke up with the visa on hand and our beloved right there waiting for us to pick us up at the airport. lol :wacko:

I miss him a lot, I do, so much. We stay in touch by phone and email daily as much as possible. That helps tremendously, just being able to hear his voice, or hear him laugh...to be able to envision his face and the flash in his eyes because I hear the smile in his voice. Although there's still a part of me that ache cos I keep longing for his hugs and kisses and I just miss every single thing about him. Its driving me crazy I swear, but I have to be strong. I can deal with this though and I know this distance will only make our bond and love more stronger than ever. Just gotta have to keep that love alive always, the trust, the respect and above all, the faith.

How about you? How do you cope up missing your loved one 6,000 miles away?

[/quote

I know what you feel bcoz I feel same way too its so hard when you are not with your love ones...

Timeline

With a conscious effort to keep my focus on the good things.

I get myself excited for the future,

reminisce on the past,

and take it one day at a time in the present.

and I always keep in mind that as difficult as the separation is right now, it's only temporary. :)

K1

06-23-2011 -- Mailed K1 packet

06-24-2011 -- Received by USCIS

06-27-2011 -- NOA1

11-28-2011 -- RFE

01-03-2012 -- NOA2

02-28-2012 -- Medical (Passed)

03-01-2012 -- Interview (Approved)

03-16-2012 -- Visa printed

03-21-2012 -- Visa on hand

04-03-2012 -- POE: St.Paul,MN

Next up; AOS

Timeline

According to time, I have only been gone 17 hours.... but that is not actual "true" time. True time is 32 hours... :bonk: It already seems like an eternity.... I agree on wishing for a "magic pill", the only thing is, this time helps to strengthen relationships. And to put into context what love really is. How much it means to each other. And what it does mean. the big questions I have is, what happens when you finally see each other after the long separation? Do you run, kis and hug? Do you take it casual? Do you wait until you are alone? What is action when you first meet up again?

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

One thing about me and my fiancee, we do communicate so much and do so many things, at time we feel as if we are together already. Between our constant communication and little fights every now and then, we are having a great time.

:reading:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.