myfakeID

don't know where to get an answer for this

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My husband's brother, in Morocco, has been doing some work over the internet for people (websites). My husband set it up so his brother's pay will go to his (own) Paypal account, and then he sends his brother the money through Moneygram. His brother doesn't have a bank account of his own, so this is the only way they could think of for his brother to get paid to do this work. Seems simple enough. However, I'm not very excited about this - I'm concerned it might create problems. For one thing, it might look like my husband is getting paid, and then would owe taxes on it. It's only been a few hundred dollars, but it's more the hassle than the amount. I also think it would be better for both of them if my brother in law could directly access his own money. This is nothing sinister - I just think it's one of those things that will end up causing problems. I tried to talk with my husband about it, but he's just getting upset and the conversation isn't going anywhere. I think it's because he doesn't have a solution, and doesn't want to admit that to me (one of his few flaws).

Ok, I could just deal with it, or keep pushing the issue with him. Either way, it will end up with an argument. Don't want or need that. So, instead of going down that path (one thing that's really making our marriage work is figuring out our problems and looking for solutions instead of getting upset and letting things blow up like we used to when he first got here), I thought I'd put the question out there to see if anyone else has some information that might work in this situation. My husband (and his family) never had any type of bank account in Morocco, and I certainly don't have a clue as to how to go about opening one there. I think it would be great if we could get his brother his own bank account and/or Paypal account so he can do this on his own. I don't know if there's a way for his brother to get a US bank account since he doesn't have a SS#, and I don't know if paypal (or something similar) works with Moroccan accounts.

I appreciate any information anyone has out there. I'll keep trying to find answers on my own. I just figured maybe a VJ member has already found something that works.

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ys if your husband is accepting payment on his name, then that is his income and Ebay was going to link whatever anyone sells on it would be reported to IRS similar move might be adopted by paypal.

That can create problems - all this is like if you are caught you have problems ppl have been doing it for years and have not been caught and they continue to do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just checked on Paypal's website and most likely his brother could create his own Paypal account as Paypal allows international accounts : PAYPAL I'm not sure on how he can withdraw the money though, it did say something regarding a fee.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back online. I can only really get into this account at certain times, and I forgot my password and had to wait to get a new one. Limited access sucks.

Anyway, I appreciate the information. Yeah, I thought it might be a tax issue. That's something he'll need to look into.

In the meantime, I'm not sure how his brother will be able to get a paypal account. It looks like it's only possible to withdraw the funds through a credit card or a US bank account. He doesn't have either, so I guess figuring out how to get him one of those somehow is the next step. I'm not sure how to do it since he doesn't have a social security number. Maybe we can do some kind of loaded cards or whatever they're called. I wonder if that would work for paypal?

Oh well. I'll keep researching.

Thanks to both of you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The only solution for this is that Your brother in law gets a bank account in Morocco, then receives his money on it

He certainly can have a paypal account but the problem is that he won't be able to spend the money unless he has a bank account linked to his paypal too

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.