kevinsu

Do I need two 325A's for my alien spouse?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I-130 wants one, I-485 seems to want one too. Should I submit two for her? I know I need one 325A for myself on the I-130.

Thanks

9/2/06 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 to Chicago lockbox (via USPS Express Mail)

9/11/06 - ND for I-485, I-765 and I-131

9/13/06 - Checks cashed

9/14/06 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765 and I-131

DISCLAIMER: I am an attorney, although *NOT* an immigration law attorney. Any statement I make is merely layperson's opinion that I have attained through my personal experience with immigration proceedings. My statements do not reflect legal advice, opinion, or conclusion, and they do not form an attorney-client relationship.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I am having a hard time understanding your question, what type of visa are you applying for?

Usually I-130 and I-485 are not used on the same visa track.

Please fill your profile out with more data such as which visa is being considered, marital status, processing center, beneficiaries country.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
I am having a hard time understanding your question, what type of visa are you applying for?

Please fill your profile out with more data such as which visa is being considered, marital status, processing center, beneficiaries country.

Spouse initially entered as a student. We met here in the US while we were both students. Got married. I thought I needed to sponsor her under I-130, and then she also has to file a I-485?

Let me clarify that she entered on an F-1 visa. We are filing to adjust her status to permanent resident

9/2/06 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 to Chicago lockbox (via USPS Express Mail)

9/13/06 - Checks cashed

DISCLAIMER: I am an attorney, although *NOT* an immigration law attorney. Any statement I make is merely layperson's opinion that I have attained through my personal experience with immigration proceedings. My statements do not reflect legal advice, opinion, or conclusion, and they do not form an attorney-client relationship.

I-130 wants one, I-485 seems to want one too. Should I submit two for her? I know I need one 325A for myself on the I-130.

Thanks

Yes, you submit 2 for her and 1 for yourself. You have to treat all the requirements for forms as seperate, even if they end up going in the same envelope.

Anybody who came to this country on a visa for work/school/visitation and gets married here files I-130 and I-485 together. Not everyone on this site is adjusting through a K-1 or K-3 visa. Note that this also means they can't fill out their timeline on this site, before you ask.

Spouse initially entered as a student. We met here in the US while we were both students. Got married. I thought I needed to sponsor her under I-130, and then she also has to file a I-485?

You are correct. You file I-130, she does I-485 and they both go to Chicago Lockbox in the same envelope, with the supporting forms.

Timeline

Thanks

Yes, you submit 2 for her and 1 for yourself. You have to treat all the requirements for forms as seperate, even if they end up going in the same envelope.

Anybody who came to this country on a visa for work/school/visitation and gets married here files I-130 and I-485 together. Not everyone on this site is adjusting through a K-1 or K-3 visa. Note that this also means they can't fill out their timeline on this site, before you ask.

You are correct. You file I-130, she does I-485 and they both go to Chicago Lockbox in the same envelope, with the supporting forms.

Thanks dr_lha, I'm glad someone on here can offer correct procedural guidelines. To follow up on this, I mailed the 130 and 485 and other supporting docs on Saturday.

9/13/06 - Checks cashed

Thanks dr_lha, I'm glad someone on here can offer correct procedural guidelines. To follow up on this, I mailed the 130 and 485 and other supporting docs on Saturday.

You're welcome. Good luck with your AOS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.