Mozzer1972

Interview at HCMC 3/7 - Summary and Questions (Blue)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dear All,

Thank you very much for everyone's past help. This forum has provided great information.

My fiance had her interview yesterday. Here is her experience and I have a few questions below. Any feedback is appreciated.

Interview Experience and Questions -

My fiance arrived at 9am and and had her interview at 10:30am. She first went to a desk and was asked a few simple questons by a Vietnamese CO. He asked her the following in Vietnamese:

1. My name

2. My age

3. My marital status

4. Any children

5. Her name and age.

She saw a pink paper there and he was checking some things off.

He then transferred her (and the pink slip) to another desk where the CO was a white lady with a vietnamese translater. She was sworn in in Vietnamese and then the CO started talking in English and asked her the following and my fiance responded in English (pink slip was still on the desk):

1. Her name, age, # of family members and where she works and what she does for work.

2. The first time we met and where

3. My name, where I live, the company I work for and how many years

4. When was the last time we saw each other and how do we communicate and in what language.

5. How many times I went to Vietnam

6. Since I went 5 times, the CO asked very specifically what days I arrived and departed Vietnam. Even I don't remember the exact dates but my fiancee did

The CO then asked the following questions and the translater asked these in Vietnamese. My fiancee continued to answer in English since she heard what the CO asked -

7. Describe exactly how we met

8. How did he propose?

9. How did you get engaged?

10. When will you have your wedding?

11. Do you know what kind of visa your fiancee is petitioning for?

12 Do you know when you will get married? (ie. 3 months after entry into US)

She also said she was thinks she was finger printed. She had to put her fingers up to some screen. The CO laughed bacause her hands were sweaty and she had to wipe them on her dress several times.

Overall, the experience took about 30 minutes. She said the female CO seemed very friendly. However, the CO finally reached into a drawer below and told my fiance that she needs some additional information.

The blue slip is requesting RELATIONSHIP TIMELINE, 10 YEARS RESIDENCY FOR BOTH OF US, and EX-SPOUSE (mine) ADDRESS. She has to return this about 4 weeks later or so.

My questions are as follows:

1. Can she provide this info earlier than the date specified? Will it speed up the process?

2. If she gets a pink when she provides the info, about how long until they issue the VISA?

3. As far as my ex-wifes info, the only evidence I have is a document from the court for QDPO when she was able to get half of my 401K after the divorce. It shows her name, DOB, address and phone number and my information and the addresses are clearly different. It is an official document from the Supreme Court of California and at the end it has that raised seal. Is this sufficient evidence for my ex's address?

Feedback is really appreciated!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

1. You can take the docs in early, but that does not mean there will be a specific decision made that day. They may issue a pink that day and they may say they are too busy to look at the docs. Go home we will contact you... TThis same thing has happened on the date provided on the blue, so waiting for that specific date does not mean they will look at everything then either.

2. If they give a pink it takes a week sometimes two to get the visa..

3. Anything showing the ex's address, that sounds good IMO

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Getting some sort of recent proof of the ex's address would be preferable. IF the court document is recent, good enough. If your ex is unwilling to cooperate, and she doesn't have any property tax listing, etc. that you could submit, then produce an affidavit from yourself stating her current address to the best of your knowledge.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Many thanks for the posting the interview details. It is rare but we get do get some that care enough to do this for the ones about to go through it themselves. A huge help and again many thanks.

May I ask how long you have been divorced? We see many go through a long wait if they are recently divorced but I see that you are married again so I am wondering why they are asking for the ex's info.

From the interview it did not seem hostile and I would gather the info they want and get it in early and see if the pink is coming. No need to wait till the date. I will say a prayer and hope for the best for you both. Please keep us posted.

Timeline

Many thanks for the posting the interview details. It is rare but we get do get some that care enough to do this for the ones about to go through it themselves. A huge help and again many thanks.

May I ask how long you have been divorced? We see many go through a long wait if they are recently divorced but I see that you are married again so I am wondering why they are asking for the ex's info.

From the interview it did not seem hostile and I would gather the info they want and get it in early and see if the pink is coming. No need to wait till the date. I will say a prayer and hope for the best for you both. Please keep us posted.

Hi Luckytxn,

Actually, we are not married yet. I am applying for a K1 fiance visa. The paper work for my previous marriage was finalized on March 6 of 2009. It is almost exactly 2 year to the date.

The starnge thing is that the first CO had the pink with her name on it. The second CO (white lady) was very kind to her but asked many questions. At the end, she issued the blue paper and took back the pink and just told my fiancee to they need additional info: Both our 10 year residency, relationship timeline and info on my ex. I hope that her original pink is waiting.

Is it really OK if we turn in the necessary papers before the date on the blue slip?

Also, do you know if they interview her again or just take the required docs?

Thank you!

Timeline

Hi Luckytxn,

Actually, we are not married yet. I am applying for a K1 fiance visa. The paper work for my previous marriage was finalized on March 6 of 2009. It is almost exactly 2 year to the date.

The starnge thing is that the first CO had the pink with her name on it. The second CO (white lady) was very kind to her but asked many questions. At the end, she issued the blue paper and took back the pink and just told my fiancee to they need additional info: Both our 10 year residency, relationship timeline and info on my ex. I hope that her original pink is waiting.

Is it really OK if we turn in the necessary papers before the date on the blue slip?

Also, do you know if they interview her again or just take the required docs?

Thank you!

Apologize for thinking I read that you said married. Sometimes I get tired. Showing the pink but giving a blue is something that has been around a long time. Has happened many times. The divorce has been awhile so that should be no problem but still puzzles me why they are asking for her info after the length of time being divorced

Yes it is Ok to turn in the Info early. I did it and got the pink but it has been quite awhile now. Recently someone else just turned in their info early and got a pink but also someone else did so and got the dreaded denial. They should not reinterview her but just take the requested documents. I would go on as soon as possible and maybe get the pink. If anything it is better than waiting and getting that pink sooner would be awesome. God bless and good luck.

Timeline

Mozzer1972,

I have heard of a couple of friends that submitted the notarized timeline and 10 year residency information before the date requested on their blue slips. One was able to get the Consulate to accept it, but the other was not able to. His fiance was turned away and told to come back on the date listed on the blue slip. Ultimately they got the pink slip. I would go ahead and try to submit it a bit early. From this experience, the worst that can happen is they turn you away and tell you to come back later. It wouldn't hurt in my opinion to try...

If your fiance gets the pink slip, expect to wait a week or two. Good luck!

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Hi everyone

I'm new here. Sorry for taking over. My question is if I asked my ex for a copy of her driver's license, would that be enough for the evidence of the ex's address?

Edited by WayneAiLan

Mar 2009: Met online

May 2009: First trip to VN to see her

Aug 2009: Proposed

Sep 2009: Proposal accepted

Oct 2009: Affidavit of Single obtained

Dec 2009: Second trip to VN for marriage

Jan 2010: Married

Feb 2010: Filed CR1

Mar 2010: Third trip to VN

Apr 2010: Approval notice from USCIS

Jul 2010: IV & AOS fees paid

Feb 2011: Fourth trip to VN... our first anniversary

Apr 2011: Interview... asking for timeline, 10 year residency, ex's address, etc.

May 2011: Submission of requested documents. Pink!

Jun 2011: Fifth trip to VN to travel with her to the States.

mHPbp7.png

Beauty is in the eyes of the beer-holder!

• 4 months later...

Dear All,

Thank you very much for everyone's past help. This forum has provided great information.

My fiance had her interview yesterday. Here is her experience and I have a few questions below. Any feedback is appreciated.

Interview Experience and Questions -

My fiance arrived at 9am and and had her interview at 10:30am. She first went to a desk and was asked a few simple questons by a Vietnamese CO. He asked her the following in Vietnamese:

1. My name

2. My age

3. My marital status

4. Any children

5. Her name and age.

She saw a pink paper there and he was checking some things off.

He then transferred her (and the pink slip) to another desk where the CO was a white lady with a vietnamese translater. She was sworn in in Vietnamese and then the CO started talking in English and asked her the following and my fiance responded in English (pink slip was still on the desk):

1. Her name, age, # of family members and where she works and what she does for work.

2. The first time we met and where

3. My name, where I live, the company I work for and how many years

4. When was the last time we saw each other and how do we communicate and in what language.

5. How many times I went to Vietnam

6. Since I went 5 times, the CO asked very specifically what days I arrived and departed Vietnam. Even I don't remember the exact dates but my fiancee did

The CO then asked the following questions and the translater asked these in Vietnamese. My fiancee continued to answer in English since she heard what the CO asked -

7. Describe exactly how we met

8. How did he propose?

9. How did you get engaged?

10. When will you have your wedding?

11. Do you know what kind of visa your fiancee is petitioning for?

12 Do you know when you will get married? (ie. 3 months after entry into US)

She also said she was thinks she was finger printed. She had to put her fingers up to some screen. The CO laughed bacause her hands were sweaty and she had to wipe them on her dress several times.

Overall, the experience took about 30 minutes. She said the female CO seemed very friendly. However, the CO finally reached into a drawer below and told my fiance that she needs some additional information.

The blue slip is requesting RELATIONSHIP TIMELINE, 10 YEARS RESIDENCY FOR BOTH OF US, and EX-SPOUSE (mine) ADDRESS. She has to return this about 4 weeks later or so.

My questions are as follows:

1. Can she provide this info earlier than the date specified? Will it speed up the process?

2. If she gets a pink when she provides the info, about how long until they issue the VISA?

3. As far as my ex-wifes info, the only evidence I have is a document from the court for QDPO when she was able to get half of my 401K after the divorce. It shows her name, DOB, address and phone number and my information and the addresses are clearly different. It is an official document from the Supreme Court of California and at the end it has that raised seal. Is this sufficient evidence for my ex's address?

Feedback is really appreciated!

Hi Mozzer1972

I am a female USC petition for my husband in Vietnam. On my first blue slip, CO had required the same as yours: RELATIONSHIP TIMELINE, 10 YEARS RESIDENCY FOR BOTH OF US, and MY EX-BOYFRIEND (MY SON'S FATHER) ADDRESS and evidence of his current address.

When we turned all requested documents from the first blue slip and my husband received a second blue slip which required:

List all my husband's relatives in USA with their DOB, Relationship to beneficiary and evidence of the address.

Dates stamped on my passport along with boarding pass.

My passport didnot have have date stamps since they stamp on my loose leaf visa and they keep it once I left VN, but I do kept all of the boarding pass.

Good luck on your case and hope you are not going to have the second blue as mine.

Timeline

Hi Mozzer1972

I am a female USC petition for my husband in Vietnam. On my first blue slip, CO had required the same as yours: RELATIONSHIP TIMELINE, 10 YEARS RESIDENCY FOR BOTH OF US, and MY EX-BOYFRIEND (MY SON'S FATHER) ADDRESS and evidence of his current address.

When we turned all requested documents from the first blue slip and my husband received a second blue slip which required:

List all my husband's relatives in USA with their DOB, Relationship to beneficiary and evidence of the address.

My passport didnot have have date stamps since they stamp on my loose leaf visa and they keep it once I left VN, but I do kept all of the boarding pass.

Good luck on your case and hope you are not going to have the second blue as mine.

Just wanted to say that Mozzer got a pink.good.gifgood.gif

Timeline

Hi Mozzer1972

Hi Tiff,

We received a 2nd blue slip also because there was some discrepency between my (then) fiancee's birth certificate city and birthplace city on her passport. She was able to get it corrected in her home town and then received a pink.

I'm very happy as she is her now with me in the US and we are finally married.

Best of luck to you and yours.

Hi Tiff,

We received a 2nd blue slip also because there was some discrepency between my (then) fiancee's birth certificate city and birthplace city on her passport. She was able to get it corrected in her home town and then received a pink.

I'm very happy as she is her now with me in the US and we are finally married.

Best of luck to you and yours.

Congrats to both of you :-) I am still trying collect all of the relatives information for my husband. More anxiety building up as time passing by.

Truly happy for you. Best wishes!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.