Paragon

Removing Conditions with different addresses/circumstances

6 posts in this topic

I appreciate any input/help for this thing me and my husband are going through.

The deadline for us to file jointly to remove my conditions on my green card is in June 2011. The story we have is that we got married in Feb 2009, and we stayed in LA in my mother-in-law's place since Feb 2009 to July 2009. After that my husband decided to join the marine. In the mean time, I couldn't find a job as a new nurse in LA, so I had to go back to TX (where I lived before I met my husband) and I found a job there and have been working there as a nurse ever since. My husband of course had to go through boot camp and training in different states, but he still kept his mother's address as his home address. He now stations temporarily in South California. We contact each other often and maintain a solid relationship.

Now it's almost time to us to file for I-751, but I'm not sure what address should I use. We file I-485 using our LA address. Should I use the LA address or use the TX address for I-751? I just don't want to raise any red flag unnecessary. For question #9, "Have you resided at any other address since you became a permanent residence?", I will put both addresses.

When I moved to TX, I didn't file any change of address form either. If I do it right now (AR-11) before we file the I-751, would it be ok? What is the best thing to do?

Thank you!

I appreciate any input/help for this thing me and my husband are going through.

The deadline for us to file jointly to remove my conditions on my green card is in June 2011. The story we have is that we got married in Feb 2009, and we stayed in LA in my mother-in-law's place since Feb 2009 to July 2009. After that my husband decided to join the marine. In the mean time, I couldn't find a job as a new nurse in LA, so I had to go back to TX (where I lived before I met my husband) and I found a job there and have been working there as a nurse ever since. My husband of course had to go through boot camp and training in different states, but he still kept his mother's address as his home address. He now stations temporarily in South California. We contact each other often and maintain a solid relationship.

Now it's almost time to us to file for I-751, but I'm not sure what address should I use. We file I-485 using our LA address. Should I use the LA address or use the TX address for I-751? I just don't want to raise any red flag unnecessary. For question #9, "Have you resided at any other address since you became a permanent residence?", I will put both addresses.

When I moved to TX, I didn't file any change of address form either. If I do it right now (AR-11) before we file the I-751, would it be ok? What is the best thing to do?

Thank you!

hi paragon, i just realize we are in the same situation, i met my husband online, i'm from colombia, came with a k1 fiance visa, when my hubby started the fiance procces he was living in utah, then when i came to the country he was living in vegas, we married there and i started the AOS procces there, for the ecnomy crisis in 2008 we had to move to portland, oregon, staying there i went to the interview with him that was approved.

i got my conditional GC while in Oregon, then my husband found this great job overseas (irak) and we arranged everything for me going to miami to stay with my uncle(only family in USA), so we packed everything, and put all our stuff in an storage in portland, 1 week before the date my husband was supposed to leave to irak, the company said the are not hiring him anymore...that was terrible, no options, i didnt have a job and my husband neither, so our only choice was moving in with my husband's parents in rancho mirage, CA. we went there on april 2009, hubby got a job there and we were living at my inlaw's house for 6 months till october 2009, when hubby got another great oportunity, this time to kuwait, he went there, i came to miami, stayed with my uncle and then moved on my own and started working inmediatly, since then i have been living in about 7 different places, thats a lot of stuff going on in just 3 years.

so i already filled out my ROC in october 2010, and i put every address i have live since i married him. so just say the truth, i recomend u to write a letter explaining the situation and why u are living separate right now, thats what i did. plus i think ur case is special cause ur husband is a marine and they have permissions that regular people dont.

Thanks gigi673, it's nice to know somebody else is in the same situation.I will put all the addresses where I stay at, but I just wonder what address I should put as the main one and if I need to file AR-11...we will write a cover letter and send in with our application also...

Thanks gigi673, it's nice to know somebody else is in the same situation.I will put all the addresses where I stay at, but I just wonder what address I should put as the main one and if I need to file AR-11...we will write a cover letter and send in with our application also...

I didnt file the AR-11, didnt even know that exists...lol

i think u should put ur actual address and put all ur husbands bussiness to the address where u live in now.

good luck!!

I'll let u know how my procces ends.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

If he is in the military, you should be on his orders. It doesn't show that you live together but it is evidence of your ongoing relationship.

Def. file the change of address form ASAP!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

If he is in the military, you should be on his orders. It doesn't show that you live together but it is evidence of your ongoing relationship.

Def. file the change of address form ASAP!

Thank you for your tip. I will def send copies of my husband's orders with the I-751 package.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.