dubbers

Couple of Dublin DCF questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey all,

I'm in Ireland at the moment, about to apply for a CR-1 visa to move to the USA with my American wife. We're going to submit the I-130 form on Monday (got to wait until then so the bank can issue me a bank draft to pay the $420 fee).

I'd like to speed up this process as much as I possibly can. I know it might not happen, but ideally I'd like to be in the US by June 10th. Sounds ambitious, but I have heard that Dublin processes these ones quickly. My question is -- what can I do to speed up the process?

- I've already applied for my police certificates. (3 weeks ago for my Japanese one, but they say it takes about 2 months... how annoying).

- I can't book the medical yet, can I? They need some sort of case number? But should I go ahead and request my vaccination records from my GP in the UK?

- Is there anything else I can do to speed this up?

Thanks!

dubbers

Dublin

March 1 2011: submit i-130 to Dublin, request medical records and police reports

March 20: told not enough evidence that we are actually resident in Ireland, i-130 returned

April 1: submitted again with lots of evidence.

May 9: Receive packet 3, return DS-230 part 1 and notice of readiness.

May 16: Receive notice of June 2 interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi fellow Dublin DCFer!

I think June 10th is very possible, Dublin is fast and friendly, though they do tend to bit-pick on documentation at times.

Definitely get your short record from your GP/ NHS Trust. You may be able to book your medical- I waited, but when booking they never asked for a case number or anything. As it can take a couple of weeks to get an appointment, and another two to get results, and Dublin can be quick to allocate interview slots, it's not a bad idea at all (in the first paperwork they sent me, it said they give at least a month's notice of the interview, but I got less than a week!).

Have you got all the documentation ready (birth certs, marriage cert, any translations if necessary)? Have you got the I-864 financial documents ready, and 3 years tax returns for the US spouse?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Hi fellow Dublin DCFer!

I think June 10th is very possible, Dublin is fast and friendly, though they do tend to bit-pick on documentation at times.

Definitely get your short record from your GP/ NHS Trust. You may be able to book your medical- I waited, but when booking they never asked for a case number or anything. As it can take a couple of weeks to get an appointment, and another two to get results, and Dublin can be quick to allocate interview slots, it's not a bad idea at all (in the first paperwork they sent me, it said they give at least a month's notice of the interview, but I got less than a week!).

Have you got all the documentation ready (birth certs, marriage cert, any translations if necessary)? Have you got the I-864 financial documents ready, and 3 years tax returns for the US spouse?

Thanks for the helpful info, Penguin!

I'll write to my GP tomorrow. They just wanted info about vaccinations, right?

Birth certificates are a bit of a pain actually -- we had them, but when we got married the other week, they kept them at the registry office! Getting them back is a big priority, or ordering new ones.

Oddly enough, the tax returns are the easiest part (touch wood). since my wife has her taxes done by an accountant, who emails them to her to print and sign, she has the old copies sitting in her email (or so she tells me...)

dubbers

Dublin

March 1 2011: submit i-130 to Dublin, request medical records and police reports

March 20: told not enough evidence that we are actually resident in Ireland, i-130 returned

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, all they want is childhood shot records. Mine were handwritten in a little booklet by my GP in Switzerland and that was fine. If you are getting something emailed/ posted, I'd make sure it has your GP's name and telephone number, just in case there are any questions, but if you had the standard set of shots it'll be no problem.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Yes, all they want is childhood shot records. Mine were handwritten in a little booklet by my GP in Switzerland and that was fine. If you are getting something emailed/ posted, I'd make sure it has your GP's name and telephone number, just in case there are any questions, but if you had the standard set of shots it'll be no problem.

Cheers!

Dublin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.