dnac59

Possible Screw Up with Interview Scheduling!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys,

I just read some stuff online and might actually be a good thing that I read it. Anyways, I was reading a forum about how to schedule for K-1 visa interview. I've read many topics about scheduling, but I don't know if I had ever read about using the "K-1 Appointment Scheduling" option at the bottom of the page. I didn't use that option and chose "Schedule Appointment" instead.

So my question is, should I change the schedule and try to reschedule it using K-1 Appointment Scheduling or leave it as is? Has anyone else done this or heard someone do this? Any and all help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

(stupid stupid me)

Timeline

Yeah, they should've put both option right next to each other instead of putting the K-1 all the way at the bottom. But of course I am also to blame because I didn't read the whole list of options to choose from. Anyways, I was going to call, but it's a holiday and it's also night already over there.

Timeline

Ok, so I called the scheduling center and they canceled my wrong interview schedule, but they said that the dates were on hold, so I am unable to schedule an appointment at this time. Does this mean that they are totally booked for March already? I had read in a previous post that the earliest available date for March was the 20th, but that was posted on Feb 20th. Has anyone been able to schedule a date more recently?

I feel so stupid, my fiancee was so excited about the date being set and we had everything ready for that date. Now we have to reschedule plane tickets to Manila and hotel reservations. We can't even do that yet because we don't have a date to reschedule it on. ARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Also, the consulate is moving buildings in March, so this also will probably delay interview scheduling. Very disappointing to us as we have already bought a plane ticket to Manila, as well as paid for apartment.

Also, the consulate is moving buildings in March, so this also will probably delay interview scheduling. Very disappointing to us as we have already bought a plane ticket to Manila, as well as paid for apartment.

OUCH!! I hope everything works on the timing.........my fingers are crossed for you!!!

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.