Robert87

Please help, problems with phone

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys,

my girlfriend ( USC) and I ( alien,lol) is trying to figure out how we can communicate more than we used to be. shes on verizon as her mobile provider. we are trying to figure out is there is a possibility for her to have another line and send it here to the philippines so we can communicate in cheaper way. is that possible? tell me more if you have any suggestions or promos you know about verizon international calls. the network provider i have is Smart Wireless. ,heres what she wants just to clear it even more. she is currently on verizon mobile as netwrok provider, by may of this year her contract ends, now she wants to know if there it is possible to get me an extension line and send it to me here in philippines and when i am in the states, i could just switch to a new plan under the same network provider. I am sorry if my explaination is not that clear. network providers and promos here in my country are different from the USA. please help for those who know. thank you

lovelots,

robert

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why is this posted in the K-1 fiancee visa forum... it certainly is not a K-1 visa topic

moving thread to PI regional

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Country:
Timeline

If she sends a US cell phone to you then she will have to pay international roaming which is too expensive.

Get internet at your home and then get:

1 MagicJack, $20 per year, needs a computer

2 NetTalk Duo, $100 per year, no computer needed

3 Vonage, $360 per year, no computer needed

These are the cheapest options. Each will give you a US based phone number in the Philippines.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
If she sends a US cell phone to you then she will have to pay international roaming which is too expensive.

Get internet at your home and then get:

1 MagicJack, $20 per year, needs a computer

2 NetTalk Duo, $100 per year, no computer needed

3 Vonage, $360 per year, no computer needed

These are the cheapest options. Each will give you a US based phone number in the Philippines.

thank you very much for the response, i will go search about the nettalk duo, and vonage. i do have internet connection at home, its just that we sort of want to feel like we were just so near to each other that we can text and send messages or call whereever we go. thanks again

hi guys,

my girlfriend ( USC) and I ( alien,lol) is trying to figure out how we can communicate more than we used to be. shes on verizon as her mobile provider. we are trying to figure out is there is a possibility for her to have another line and send it here to the philippines so we can communicate in cheaper way. is that possible? tell me more if you have any suggestions or promos you know about verizon international calls. the network provider i have is Smart Wireless. ,heres what she wants just to clear it even more. she is currently on verizon mobile as netwrok provider, by may of this year her contract ends, now she wants to know if there it is possible to get me an extension line and send it to me here in philippines and when i am in the states, i could just switch to a new plan under the same network provider. I am sorry if my explaination is not that clear. network providers and promos here in my country are different from the USA. please help for those who know. thank you

lovelots,

robert

Hi...Its no need for your girlfriend to send you a line. Just use PLDT Budget CARD (ask the store PLDT cards to call abroad i forgot if its budget card i used it before) it cost 2 dollars something for an hour talk. You can use it Through PLDT landline or payphone just follow the instruction. Or use GLOBE TIPID IDD 2 dollars something for 40 minuters talk. This is the cheapest it can call any lines in the U.S. Just follow the card instructions and be sure if you use Globe use Globe simcard and be sure you have atleast 10 peso regular load when you call but it dont charge you extra it just a requirement. Hope this help.

Merejen

Filed: Country:
Timeline
thank you very much for the response, i will go search about the nettalk duo, and vonage. i do have internet connection at home, its just that we sort of want to feel like we were just so near to each other that we can text and send messages or call whereever we go. thanks again

For texting we used SunCellular's subscription service imessenger which allowed us to redirect our yahoo ym between our cell phones.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can signup for Yahoo YM! You can set up ur mobile so you can IM as much as you want. (Just make sure you have the appropriate plan for ur phone!) My Blackberry has an unlimited data plan and my fiancee has a similar plan for the Blackberry I left her. Good luck! :thumbs:

AOS Journey

09/08/2011 ~ NOA1 for AOS,EAD & AP

09/09/2011 ~ Text & email notification

09/10/2011 ~ Updated!

09/19/2011 ~ ASC Appointment Notice date for 10/17/2011 Biometrics Appointment

09/30/2011 ~ Email notification - AOS was transferred to another office

10/06/2011 ~ Received hardcopy of AOS CSC Transfer Notice.. 9:45 pm Updated!

10/07/2011 ~ Biometrics walk in SUCCESSFUL!!!

11/02/2011 ~ EAD Card/Document Production

11/07/2011 ~ EAD updated

11/08/2011 ~ EAD Post Decision Activity

11/12/2011 ~ EAD/AP card on hand!!!

02/02/2012 ~ RFE for lost medical and divorce decree, got the notice on Feb. 9, 2012

02/17/2012 ~ Submitted rfe, USCIS received it Feb. 21,2012

03/08/2012 ~ Card/Doc production, Decision

March 15,2012 ~ GC on hand! Permanent Resident since 28 February 2012

If you have an iphone, or you can get her a used one, she can use Skype and a program called textfree + voice you can send free text messages to the philippines .

Im sure they have something similar for android phones as well, also you can text from the web interface, saves money

Text free to the philippines

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

take a look at rebtel.com. It gives your fiancee (USC) a local number to call and it connects directly to any phone in the PI or other country. It is no more that 13.5 cents a min to a cellphone and about 10 cents a min to landline.

We used skype almost the whole time we were apart. It seemed to have the best video chat quality for us. Of course you both need a computer and a fairly good/fast connection.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.