USCISANNOYED

Order of Documents for The Interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

What does this mean? It's listed 3rd on what order the documents should be in..

3.Visa fee previously paid at Citibank; ?? What is this? And how picky are they on the organization?

Order found here:

http://brazil.usembassy.gov/interview/forms-for-fiancee-visas/order-of-documents-for-the-interview---fiancee.html

Filed: Other Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Basically this means that you need to pay the visa fee at citybank in advance. This is done in their native country (Brazil in this case.)

My fiancee needs to pay at DHL in Bolivia.

You should get a reciept. I know they have a citibank in Bolivia so I am guessing they have one in Brazil too.

Edited by Senor Mascara

Timeline

Basically this means that you need to pay the visa fee at citybank in advance. This is done in their native country (Brazil in this case.)

My fiancee needs to pay at DHL in Bolivia.

You should get a reciept. I know they have a citibank in Bolivia so I am guessing they have one in Brazil too.

Umm.. So she has to go to Citibank before the interview and pay $350 and bring the receipt with the documents?? I already paid the i-129f fee of $450

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Umm.. So she has to go to Citibank before the interview and pay $350 and bring the receipt with the documents?? I already paid the i-129f fee of $450

Yes, that is correct. The previous fee was for the processing of the I-129F, and this fee is for the visa. There is a Citibank near the consulate, I believe. You can look it up online. My fiance (now husband) went a day or two before the interview and paid it. It does need to be at a Citibank.

event.png

Timeline

Yes, that is correct. The previous fee was for the processing of the I-129F, and this fee is for the visa. There is a Citibank near the consulate, I believe. You can look it up online. My fiance (now husband) went a day or two before the interview and paid it. It does need to be at a Citibank.

Well thank you. I would have not known that. It just hints it on their website through the order of documents link.

Timeline

My husband just went a few days prior to his interview as well to pay for it. He did hear from someone on the day of his interview who went to Citibank to pay their fee and Citibank tried to tell them they had to pay the Tourist Visa fee as well. Which they didn't, they just needed the K1 Visa fee. My husband also took a copy of his interview letter with him when he went to pay it, to make sure they were giving him the right fee to pay for the visa his interview was for. I had also read about someone being told they needed to pay the Tourist fee as well prior so we thought it was better to take the interview letter along, just in case.

event.png

Timeline

It should look like this...

front

Citybank%20Fee%20K%20Front%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

back

Citybank%20Fee%20K%20Back%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

Also, you might already know but just in case, for an approved visa she will also need to pay TNT for delivery of the visa. That varies in cost depending on where it'll be sent to. For my husband it cost him R$30.00 to his home right outside Rio. After my husband's interview he was given a green paper, told about the package that would arrive. Then he had to go down to the first floor, fill out a form for TNT (to deliver the passport and brown envelope) and paid the fee.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.