Ray-J

K-1 forms and other question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So far, my I-129F package is coming together. DHL arrived today with the forms my fiancee needed to sign. Reading through the forums and guides brings a couple of other questions, though. I read somewhere that when using the passport as proof of citizenship it needs to have a validity of 5 years. My passport was issued in Dec of 2006. Does this mean that I have to have at least 5 years from the time of filing before I need to renew my passport or does it mean that I need to have my passport for 5 years?

I've also read somewhere on here that the USCIS wants to see original forms. I'm not sure if this is old information now since these forms are available for download and printing from the web. Will I be risking an RFE if I just send in single-sided forms? It's better to know in advance. :)

Current Status: Married on March 3, 2012. Preparing for AOS.

01-07-11 Met in person for the first time

04-04-11 I-129F sent via USPS Priority Mail

04-06-11 Delivered to Dallas Lockbox - signed for by J. Arthur

04-08-11 NOA1 sent to me, Check cashed, Case transferred to the California Service Center

04-11-11 Touched, Received e-notification via text message of NOA1 (at 12:30 am?!?!?)

04-15-11 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail. Notice date 4/8/11.

06-24-11 Touched, Email and text - NOA2 approved in 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days (77 days total)!!!

07-01-11 NOA2 hardcopy received

07-27-11 NVC receive - FINALLY!

07-29-11 NVC depart to Manila

10-13-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 1)

10-17-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 2)

10-18-11 Embassy interview - APPROVED!!

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No you don't need a valid passport of 5 years. You need a passport that has a valid date of 5 years or more. So you cant have a passport that has only 2 years of a valid date. Uou must have one that was issued that has 5 or 10 years validity.

Original forms means original signatures etc. If the signatures are not original then you will get RFE. If the form is a photocopy of someones hand written original form then it will get an RFE for the original.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Okay. Thanks, Inky. I have another question. I've been married and divorced before. Will I need to send copies of the divorce papers with my packet?

04-08-11 NOA1 sent to me, Check cashed, Case transferred to the California Service Center

04-11-11 Touched, Received e-notification via text message of NOA1 (at 12:30 am?!?!?)

06-24-11 Touched, Email and text - NOA2 approved in 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days (77 days total)!!!

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Timeline

Yes you need to send a copy of your divorce papers. Also take a copy to the interview as I was asked for a copy during our interview.

Okay. Thanks. Any idea if they need to be certified copies or will regular copies from the Clerk's office do?

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay. Thanks. Any idea if they need to be certified copies or will regular copies from the Clerk's office do?

My husbands copy just came from the court, had the signature and the stamp thing on it. We sent a photocopy with the original K-1 petition and he gave me the court paper to bring to the interview.

It will probably be different at the interview since its a different country but my interviewer looked at the one I had and the one we had in the I-129f and he compared the stamps and signatures etc. He then asked me if I knew about their relationship and their divorce then asked if I had ever met her.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.