NICK AND FI

K2 child medical?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi everyone...i need help!!!

i understand that i have to list any and all children on the K2 paperwork but...

my 19 year old daughter does not want to move to the US with me,she doesnt want to go for medical etc,she is obviously and adult by UK law and so i cannot force her to do so...

what do i do???

many thanks for listening guys...

I'm a little confused? You say you listed her on the K-2 paperwork, do you mean your USC fiance/ee listed her on the I-129F petition, or do you mean you submitted all of the DS-xxx applications to the Embassy.

Because you haven't completed your timeline information, we don't know what stage of the process you are at.

The only thing you can really do is reason with her. She has an opportunity to gain residency in the US that is very hard to get. It's understandable that she may not want to permanently live there, but she doesn't know until she tries. Is she studying? She can always move with you and return to the UK to complete her studies. Member Gary and Alla's stepson did this between the US and the stepson's home country, while he completed his degree.

Please give us a little more information about the stage you are at for more solid advice.

I'm also moving your thread from the Philippines regional forum to the K-1 process and procedures forum, as this isn't relevant to the Philippines in any way.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone...i need help!!!

i understand that i have to list any and all children on the K2 paperwork but...

my 19 year old daughter does not want to move to the US with me,she doesnt want to go for medical etc,she is obviously and adult by UK law and so i cannot force her to do so...

what do i do???

many thanks for listening guys...

listed on the petition does not mean she is applying for a visa... only actual visa applicants need a medical

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.