Derry Lea

PROBLEM!!!URGENT!!!HELP!!!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello,everyone.I have a huge problem and I need your help.My interview for adjustment of status is on March 2nd which is in less than 10 days.I received a letter with all the documents I need to bring at the interview and one of them is of course is my birth certificate with a translated copy.I did already send it with the initial documents and I am sure I made a copy before I posted it.However according to Murphy's law I can't find it!!!!I only have a week till the interview and I don't know what to do?!?What if I go without it?They already have it and from what it says regarding the affidavit of support documents you don't need to submit them if you already have before!!!Would this count for my birth certificate too?!?!Right now I am trying to get in contact with the translation agency that did my birth certificate in Bulgaria and see if they would be willing to scan and send me a copy of it.But what if they don't??It is really way to late to get my mom to get a new birth cert and translate and send it.I don't even know if they would let her do it without an authorization form from me.Would it be ok if I just translate it myself.I can really use my friend's birth cert as a template and sign it as a "person fluent in the language".It would be exactly the same only without the stamp.Would that work?!?

I really don't know what to do!Do I show up without it and say I already submitted it before???Do I translate it on my own?!?

Please help!!!

Thank you all in advance and God bless.

Hello,everyone.I have a huge problem and I need your help.My interview for adjustment of status is on March 2nd which is in less than 10 days.I received a letter with all the documents I need to bring at the interview and one of them is of course is my birth certificate with a translated copy.I did already send it with the initial documents and I am sure I made a copy before I posted it.However according to Murphy's law I can't find it!!!!I only have a week till the interview and I don't know what to do?!?What if I go without it?They already have it and from what it says regarding the affidavit of support documents you don't need to submit them if you already have before!!!Would this count for my birth certificate too?!?!Right now I am trying to get in contact with the translation agency that did my birth certificate in Bulgaria and see if they would be willing to scan and send me a copy of it.But what if they don't??It is really way to late to get my mom to get a new birth cert and translate and send it.I don't even know if they would let her do it without an authorization form from me.Would it be ok if I just translate it myself.I can really use my friend's birth cert as a template and sign it as a "person fluent in the language".It would be exactly the same only without the stamp.Would that work?!?

I really don't know what to do!Do I show up without it and say I already submitted it before???Do I translate it on my own?!?

Please help!!!

Thank you all in advance and God bless.

You sent your original birth certificate and the original translation? I appreciate it's too late now but never send originals unless they are specifically requested.

The worst that's going to happen is that you are given an RFE at interview asking you to provide originals for their consideration. They ask for originals because they want to cross reference with the copy documents that have been submitted.

I would expect a simple explanation of the confusion and the fact you submitted the originals at the interview will suffice - they'll have everything you've sent in front of them. They do, however, have every right to be mean about it.

I translated my own French and German police certificates for my I-129F, providing a confirmation of fluency, as per the examples that are here on VJ in various posts. You can translate your own, but you must be 100% confident that it's accurate and it must be full and complete, not a summary.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

You could also try to find a translation firm close to where you live, get it done and notarized. It shouldn't take that long. I also have this problem, I can't find the other copy of the one I sent with my AOS package. I had it translated before with somebody else and have that one, so I'll be bringing that. Hopefully they will not make a big deal out of the fact that it's not the same agency... :wacko:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.