Dom & Fel

Changes on Interviews Ciudad Juarez :help:

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

:help:

Hello everyone if anybody reads this I am really confused right now, I got my email from NVC saying that my interview date is March 8th however I am finding out that they made changes and that now I am supposed to schedule an interview prior my Juarez interview at the ASC in MX. I went to this webpage they sent http://usvisa-info.com/es-MX/selfservice/p and so far there is no option to select to schedule and appointment and even worse when I get to that option it asks me for a usarname and password that I have NO clue where to get ... So far I got to select the DHL office where I want my documents to be sent but other than that no luck at all.

Please if someone who recently interviewed at Juarez could tell me what is going on I will appreciate it, anyways tomorrow I will contact the consulate .. This is just being a very exhausting process that I just want to be done with and be with my husband before our marriage anniversary.

Thanks and regards from MX :help::star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hmmm.. I'm not sure how does it work for your type of visa. However, I was in CDJ finishing the process for my K-1, and I had the same issue with the website. I think the best thing you can do is to call the consulate in juarez 703 439 2313 and 656-2121016 (if you're in mexico). Hope it helps (:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you so much. I contacted on monday the asc and they told me that i don't have to schedule an appointment that I can just go to my interview the day of my date. I am quite nervous with this juarez affair because of the things on the news :S.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

That's great! remember to arrive at least on Sunday so you can have your medical examination on Monday. Don't be scared about Juarez, I was too. However I actually felt comfortable there, even though I went to Juarez all by myself (and I'm a 21 years old girl). Just remember to not go out at night, and to not wear jewelery or dress to flashy.

Another thing. Don't read the news while your there. It'll only scare you. The consulate area is very secure, there's always patrols taking rounds around the zone, so you should be fine :D

Please feel free to contact me if you need any info about the consulate or the zone. I'll be glad to help (:

• 7 months later...
Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

That's great! remember to arrive at least on Sunday so you can have your medical examination on Monday. Don't be scared about Juarez, I was too. However I actually felt comfortable there, even though I went to Juarez all by myself (and I'm a 21 years old girl). Just remember to not go out at night, and to not wear jewelery or dress to flashy.

Another thing. Don't read the news while your there. It'll only scare you. The consulate area is very secure, there's always patrols taking rounds around the zone, so you should be fine :D

Please feel free to contact me if you need any info about the consulate or the zone. I'll be glad to help (:

Hi there,

Do you recommend staying in a local hotel? How far is the airport from the consulate? My wife has her interview in Dec. Thanks, VB1.

Hi there,

Do you recommend staying in a local hotel? How far is the airport from the consulate? My wife has her interview in Dec. Thanks, VB1.

Hi VB1, best of luck to you and your wife at her interview. I highly recommed that you check out the reviews on the Juarez Embassy in the 'Embassy Info' reviews section. Here's the link to that section:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Mexico

There you'll find reviews from other members of VJ and a wealth of information in regards to hotels, taxis and just a lot of great info as to what she can expect when she gets to Juarez and how to prepare for the interview.

Just to address your questions, most everybody stays at a hotel in Juarez that is close to the consulate (there are many to chose from, La Quinta is a pretty popular choice and is pretty cheap, but is not walking distance to the consulate and you need to use their shuttle). From what I remember, the consulate is about a 15 or 20 minute cab ride from the airport.

Timeline:

02/04/2004 - A young Zinker arrives in Mexico to study Spanish and the dating game begins

2004--2005 - Many subsequent visits to Mx ensue to be with my love; engaged in March 2005!

04/??/2005 - I-129F is filed from within the US

06/09/2005 - Zinker moves to Mexico

09/??/2005 - I-129F is approved

10/15/2005 - Interview in Cd. Juarez and subsequently approved for a K1 Visa!..But visa is left in Juarez

10/17/2005 - Due to unexpected pregnancy and a job offer in Mx - we decide not to pursue the visa and it expires :(

01/04/2006 - Married in Mexico

10/09/2011 - Two children later and a comfortable life in Mexico... Preparing to file I-130 in December 2011. Stay Tuned!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.