2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ's

My relationship with my wife has reached the point where weve deemed our relationship unfixable. She's been cheating on me behind my back and divorce is the likely outcome. We are still on very good terms which is going to be useful but I wanted to know what should I include in my divorce waiver packet when I come to try and remove my conditions, once the divorce will become final. And what are my chances of getting them approved. We married out of love, of that I have no doubt, and there is support and backing from her and her family that this was the case.

Im not sure what to do but I would like to continue developing and building my life in the usa. What evidence should I get to prove my case that we married in good faith?

Thanks ahead of time

Todd

01/08/2009 - POSTED NOA1 to VSC

01/13/2009 - RECEIVED NOA1, Case Pending

02/06/2009 - TOUCHED - Finacee moved so I presume that was the reason for it

05/20/2009 - Contacted Congressman's Alan Grayson's Offices to ask for assistance on our case, He agrees

06/13/2009 - 5 months and nothing, not even from our congressman :( Were is our NOA2!!!!!!

06/16/2009 - Our congressman actually made contact us for the first time in 4 weeks only to tell us they had written our address down wrong so here we are, still stuck in limbo with not a clue what's happenening

06/17/2009 - Called NVC on a off chance they might have it and they do!!!!! Woop woop. All we need now is that hard copy and were set!

06/17/2009 - NVC send our visa and petition to the london embassy - My packet 3 is on the way, woop woop!

06/19/2009 - Recieved NOA2 in the post, dated 06/11/2009. The panicing is over.....for now

07/01/2009 - Reeceived Packet 3 in the post, woop woop

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ's

My relationship with my wife has reached the point where weve deemed our relationship unfixable. She's been cheating on me behind my back and divorce is the likely outcome. We are still on very good terms which is going to be useful but I wanted to know what should I include in my divorce waiver packet when I come to try and remove my conditions, once the divorce will become final. And what are my chances of getting them approved. We married out of love, of that I have no doubt, and there is support and backing from her and her family that this was the case.

Im not sure what to do but I would like to continue developing and building my life in the usa. What evidence should I get to prove my case that we married in good faith?

Thanks ahead of time

Todd

When does your current greencard expire? If you think divorce is imminent, then keep in mind that (depending on your state) it may take a while, so make sure you time it right and that it's finalized at or around the time your greencard expires.

You will include the same evidence a married couple would include, except that you add the divorce decree and the I-751 form will be singularly signed by you. USCIS doesn't care how the marriage ended as much as they care it was real when it started, so focus on including evidence that the marriage was bonafide.

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.