6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!!

Can someone tell me how the tax info works. They just need copies of my w- not the return correct?? I got married Dec. 09 and for that year i filled my taxes as single. For this past year I filled my taxes as single because my husband doesn't have a social #.. how does this affect me in the long run as far as my I-864. I am going to need a sponser and that is fine but I wanted to know how it all works.. thanks for your help everyone/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if you were married in 2009 the you should file your taxes as married it does not matter if he did not have a social secerity number you could have gotten a itin number for him to us on the tax form w-7 ,.. if you don't meet the provery guide lines then you will need a co sponsor for two people 18,212...three 22,887 four 27,562.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

did you file 2010 taxes yet, you can get extension, in the mean time does your husband live in the us or in mexico,if he is not in the us then you can down load the form w-7 on the IRS.GOV fill it out and have him sign it , send it with a copy of your passport and marriage certificate to the address on the form IRS P/0 149342 AUSTIN TX 78714-9342.....CALL FOR ASSISTANCE 1-800-908-9982 that will give a number to use you file married to get a much greater refund married,and whem the time comes for you to remove conditions it shows that your a couple doing your taxes togather as evidence, good luck tarzofaprincess,

Omg.. I already did my taxes :( Omg I am really freaking out now :( my husband works in the US

Edited by TearzOfAPrincess

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.