vsound

Post NOA2 - how long?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Feel free to move it if it is.

How long is it generally taking to get an interview after you have received the NOA2? We received ours on February 2, and our consulate (Montreal) should receive our petition tomorrow or Monday. I know I should give them a month or so to send us the Packet 3, but after that...how far out are interviews scheduled at this point?

Sorry again, I'm not really familiar enough with the site to go through all the calendars, and I have a panicking fiancee worried about missing our wedding date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should look at the recent timelines to see this for yourself.

Go to Immigration Timelines at the top of your page. Then go to the middle left under Visa Display Options. There you can select what Visa you are doing. Now you have a list of VJ member timelines. You can make the list longer by clicking on the button at the bottom to make 50 rows. You can choose your country and click Find to see only timelines for your country. You can then click the little arrows at the top of any column to sort the timelines by the particular event you are currious about. You can also select at the top right for an Advanced View with more columns of data. Good luck.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Right now, Montreal is scheduling for June.

Unfortunately, it's a slow consulate and the wait is nearly as long as the wait for the NOA2 itself sometimes.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Since your waiting on Montreal ... I would suggest downloading the forms that you can before hand and filling thos out to get a head start. Montreal is slow as molasses.. prep up what you can now so you can send it back to them quickly when you finally get it in the mail.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.