jenny&jose

mailing address different to Petitioner Address

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

hey

Okay I have another question. I am the USC and I noticed on form I-129F and the G-325A it asks for Petitioner Address, but I'm not sure what to write there

I am currently living in Venezuela and I have been living here for over 1 year.. I work as an English teacher in Venezuela so I dont have a job in the US, Now my mom and dad will be sponsor for my fiance and this march I will be going up to Pennsylvania bringing all the forms with our signatures so my mom can mail the package for me and then Ill come back to Venezuela. So when they ask for Petitioner address, should I put my address in the US or the Address where I'm currently living?... will this be a problem for the process? thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I wanted to add something else.... Im living in Venezuela with a tourist visa and Ive lived here for a while with my fiance... so my residence is in the US but I have lived here on a tourist visa and I have to leave the country every three months so I can renew my tourist visa in Venezuela, Im being a volunteer here and they pay me so I can help myself a little while living here but its around 8000 dollars a year so its not enough for paying taxes.. at the moment of filling out the forms.. what should I put in my ADDRESS and my current job? Im really confused... should i attached a page explaining my situation in Venezuela? thank you

You want to prepare an additional form with your G-325 form. You can in fact use a word processor to fill this out. You will label the title of the page as “G-325A.” Add Subtitle below the main title that will be “Biographic Information.” Draw a line across the page and then below this line you will apply a line/label “Supplemental Attachment about sponsor’s residence Last 5 Years.” Then below this line you will apply the label “Sponsors Name:” and then insert your name. Draw a line across the page and then add a “brief” explanation as to where you are located now, why, and what address you will actually be using for official correspondence from the USCIS. Logically, this should be the U.S. address that you maintained on your G-325 form. Yes, you will add the same past (5) years of residence to this attachment as well, after your explanation. For the fact that your fiancée will actually be getting the future visa at her residence, there should be no concern about where the visa will eventually arrive. The only concern you will have is getting notice of your NOA1/NOA2 from the US. Whatever you place as an permanent “official address” on your G-325, remember to establish the same address as your official mailing address in your G-325A Supplemental Attachment. In summary, the supplemental attachment is a concise explanation as to where you are now, and why you are there, but state what official address you will use for background check and USCIS correspondence reasons. The G-325A supplemental attachment will go right behind your G-325 form in your K-1 packet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.