falcondrgn

Dual Citizenship Help

33 posts in this topic

I'm a dual US/UK national.

When I go back to the UK for a visit I always leave the US with my US passport (that's what I show the airline). I receive no stamp.

I enter the UK with my UK passport. No stamp as it's a very quick check for residents.

I actually leave the UK with my US passport (that's also what I show the airline). The UK has never minded as I wanted to always show the airline the same passport to travel on. I hope the UK doesn't have some silly rule like the US about both leaving and entering with a US passport.

I arrive back in the US with my US passport and absolutely no visa stamps. I just get a welcome home. Nothing else at all. If they were to ask I'd be more than happy to tell them I'm a dual national but it's never arisen.

Count to 3 and then relax!

Alex.

I agree and that's what i would do also at P.O.E..that's the best part of being a dual citi..just whip it out when at P.O.E

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My experience is absolutely the opposite. EVERY TIME I fly out of Toronto/Pearson back to the States, USCIS official at Toronto stamps my US passport.

So? people going to and from Canada NEVER get stamps either. Does not matter if you fly or drive. No stamps enter or exit on any Canadian or US passport. if they do stamp you its a really off chance. In all my 20+ trips to and from the USA with my Canadian passport I have only ever gotten 2 stamps. My husband has never gotten a single stamp on any of his US passports for traveling ANYWHERE. Caribbean, Canada, USA, Europe etc.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have never gotten a stamp in my passport going to Canada or Mexico. If you don't have one, you just tell the customs offical they never gave you a stamp...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.