logframe

P4 Received only 1 month after P3

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just wanted to alert you all that, for whatever reason, the K-1 visa process has accelerated beyond what I thought. While it took from Juy 16 to December 1, 2010 to get our NOA2, after that things have happened far more quickly than we could have imagined (and also compared with other people's experiences on this board). We received P3 and the next day sent it to HCMC on January 13, 2011. Today in the mail, and to our great shock (because we heard it would often take 4 months to get P4), P4 arrived (only 1 month after P3), with the interview date set for March 21st. We are now scrambling (happily!), as we really hadn't believe the process would move so quickly. For those of you out there who are still in process, perhaps this is a harbinger. On the other hand, maybe it was only pure luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There seem to be a few with similar NOA2 dates getting March interviews.. a good sign that they have reduced the wait time for an interview... almost looks like they took a month off from interviews with no VJ Feb interviews..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my wife's interview is in 2 weeks. i'm trying to get all documents needed for my wife to bring to her interview. my concern now is does cr1/ir1 B gets packet 3 or 4? because i had the impression that she will not. because my lawyer filled out both of our DS 230 and sent it along with I864 packet to NVC. and my other concern is helping my wife with her 10yr resident document since she has no clue on where to start. i told her where to get it notarize but on the document what should she put after the addresses? i figured their notarize format will be different from us in the States. any advice is appreciated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There seem to be a few with similar NOA2 dates getting March interviews.. a good sign that they have reduced the wait time for an interview... almost looks like they took a month off from interviews with no VJ Feb interviews..

This is probably due to the massive backlog that the VSC and to some extent the CSC were experiencing during Nov/Dec and the first part of Jan. On October 3, 2010 every I-129F petitioner on VJ who filed before this date received a collective "touch". The theory is that the "touch" was the VSC temporarily putting I-129F petitions on hold in favor of processing TPS for Haitian Nationals. In fact, there were some heated debates about this on the K1 Case Filing and Progress Reports sub-forum on VJ not so long ago. Very heated debates.....At this time the CSC was processing I-129F but at a 5 month approval rate. I have no proof to know how I-130 petitions were handled though.....

I suspect that this backlog from VSC and slow processing from CSC is what could have caused the number of I-129F petitions received by the HCMC Consulate to have been significantly lower compared to last year, hence the quicker interview dates for those that did make it through to the Consulate. I think that once the backlogs at USCIS get cleared out, the number of petitions flying to HCMC Consulate will once again increase and the interview processing dates should get back to normal.

This is just my theory but I could be wrong though :)

Edited by cedwards001

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.