hindustani24

Do i need 2 PCCs for different addresses even if they are within same city?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My wife is from my hometown and after marriage she lives with my parents (she also lives at her house sometimes but on application i put my parent's address as her permanent address) which is in same city where she used to live before marriage but different police station. So do i have to get two local PCCs even if it is the same city?

I am almost out of TSC blackhole.

Marriage : 2010-06-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-07-14

Transferred to Blackhole : 2010-11-02

NOA2 : Feb 15, 2011

NVC:

2/25/11 - received case number, IIN, and gave e-mail IDs.

2/25/11 - Send DS-3032 E-mail

2/28/11 - I-864 (AOS) bill invoiced and paid

3/01/11 - AOS payment status "PAID"

3/02/11 - DS-3032 : Email accepted

3/04/11 - IV bill invoiced (e-mail at 2:30 AM) and paid

3/07/11 - IV payment status "PAID"

3/08/11 - AOS and IV packet sent

3/22/11 - AOS in the system and reviewed that triggered false RFE for IV packet

3/28/11 - DS-230 in the system and SIF

3/29/11 - Case Completed at NVC

4/13/11 - Interview date assigned

5/17/11 - Interview- Approved

5/18/11 - Passport & Visa Picked up from VFS Delhi

5/31/11 - POE (JFK)

visajourney.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

This doesnt sound any right. I have gone thru the same dilemma as i lived in 4 different states. It was almost impossible to get PCC from all these places. All i did was get 2 PCCs from the place i was living. One from the Office of the Commissioner of Police and one from the Regional Passport Office. Also note that you can apply at the nearest Regional Passport Office for passport PCC as long as you have residential proof. Your passport may have been issued from different place but it doesnt matter.

This is totally based on my personal experience and i was not even asked for Local PCC. All they asked for was PCC issued from the RPO.

Please click on "Timeline" link on the left to view my timeline.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

For India there are 2 seperate PCC one is police clearance and other is passport clearance.

Passport clearance - you get it from passport office based on your residential address.

Police clearance - is required from all the police station under whos jurisdiction you have lived.

In Mumbai they way it works is - you apply at the central comm. office and then they will send the inquiry letter to all the police station and those respective police station has to respond back and once comm. office has all the response they will do a final draft of the PCC.

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

For India there are 2 seperate PCC one is police clearance and other is passport clearance.

Passport clearance - you get it from passport office based on your residential address.

Police clearance - is required from all the police station under whos jurisdiction you have lived.

In Mumbai they way it works is - you apply at the central comm. office and then they will send the inquiry letter to all the police station and those respective police station has to respond back and once comm. office has all the response they will do a final draft of the PCC.

you are wrong, check this NVC link that tells you how to get a PCC in India. Not sure who gave you that info.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3582

Police Records

Indian Police Clearance Certificates should be obtained as follows:

* All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police certificates from the local Passport Office.

* Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.

* Non-Indian IV applicants residing in India should obtain police certificates from the District Police Station serving their area of residence.

* Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying outside India.

Edited by raj1975

Filed: Timeline

PCC from Passport office is actually Police Clearance Certificate, there is no such thing as passport clearance certificate. check this link

http://www.ap.nic.in/passport/Comp.htm

Regional Passport Office, Hyderabad is primarily responsible for issuance of Indian Passports to the Citizens of India who are residing within its jurisdictional area. In addition to issue of passports, various other miscellaneous services like change of address in passport, additional endorsement regarding Emigration Check Not Required, Police Clearance Certificate, inclusion of spouse' name etc. are also being rendered by this office irrespective of the fact whether the original passport is issued by Regional Passport Office, Hyderabad or not, provided they stay in the area of jurisdiction of RPO, Hyderabad

So essentially the PCC given by Passport Office is enough i think since they will have a record of your criminal activity no matter where you are.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.